Jeep Wrangler Early Lease Termination

I was recently promoted to a position that comes with a vehicle. Unfortunately, I also recently signed a lease (July 2023) for a 2024 Jeep Wrangler Willy’s (four door, hard top, heated seats/steering wheel, etc.). The lease was for 36 months, 10k miles/year at $553.40/month through Stellantis Financial Services. The vehicle currently has 2600 miles and will probably not see many more until I can get rid of it.

I initially thought that trading it in would make the most sense (the dealer payoff is $47,000). Unfortunately, I live in Metro Detroit and the vast majority of people here qualify for some kind of discount on a new purchase, so the trade offers I’ve received have required more out of pocket than I am comfortable with at this time. I contacted Stellantis Financial Services about potential lease takeover stipulations and was told that they plan to offer lease takeovers but have not implemented the option at this time. They do allow for third party purchases, and I was quoted $50,041.96 with taxes and fees included for someone to purchase the vehicle.

Obviously I know that holding the vehicle is an option, but if there is anything else I should be considering please let me know! Thank you.

Unless anything changes SFS doesn’t allow 3rd party dealer ( no CJDR brand ) buyouts.
IMO you should sell it to CJDR dealer and eat the difference.

This is why ALL we should think three times before signing the lease without an option to sell the car during the lease to ANY dealer.

Sfs has always allowed 3rd party buyouts, but they charge a higher price.

Got it. So it is kind of add on but provided for free by the bank LOL. ( you got something that You will never use it).

Its probably cheaper to do a 3rd party buyout than an early termination, but i would definitely try to sell to a jeep dealer.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.