Jeep offering up to 15% off the purchase of a 2023 model Grand Cherokee. Does it make more sense to lease or buy?

Just to touch on that.

The GC 4xe when not plugged in is rated at 22.8 mpg city/24.25 mpg highway

The gas GC is rated at 19 mpg city/26 mpg highway

GC 4xe is 375hp/470 ft lbs
3.6l gas is 293 hp/260 ft lbs

2 Likes

I believe the November deals are not as great as October for these. For instance, I was quoted $250/mo more in November than the deals in October. Could be the dealer isn’t ready to make moves for this month but figured I’d share this experience.

Hmmm thanks for sharing

Dealer quotes are not really a useful measurement of if the programs are better or worse.

4 Likes

I’m unable to officially locate the Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve 15% rebate online?
Been looking for a new JGC since late July & recently gave up when the 10% went away.
There are 2 or 3 possible vehicles I’d go for with the additional 5%, if I can find it?!
I’ve got a no from Jake Sweeney Jeep in Cincinnati Ohio.
Szott I96 Jeep in White Lake Michigan is looking into it & I have not heard back from Bergstrom Jeep in Kaukauna Wisconsin, yet…
TYIA for any help

Im seeing 10% on gc-l SR

Rebate code 28CPK

15% off seems to only be on the 2 row.

Have you talked to Jeep dealers yet? Online manufacturer offers are drivers to the dealership, but you won’t know the bigger picture of what’s possible (or not possible) until you talk to a few dealers and get them to send you offers.

Also any time you are on the fence about whether to lease or own/finance you have to ask yourself if you can picture yourself making the commitment to keep the car. You mentioned you like to lease so you don’t have to worry about owning the car so I’d suggest staying true to your feelings/intuition.

It feels great to save money upfront but don’t let that trap you into a car you don’t want for longer than 3 years.

1 Like

It would be when the same discount is applied meaning the only things that change are any incentives, MF, and residuals.

That requires you to assume that they didnt change any mark ups/add ons/etc… which you’d only do by verifying what the programs were yourself. In which case, you already know the answer.

I talked to a Jeep dealer yesterday, and the salesman said the 15% off doesn’t apply to leases; only purchases. Has anyone else heard the same thing?

Yes, the 10-15% incentives are retail only and only on the gas gc.

And it’ll be worth half the MSRP by spring time :joy:

2 Likes

Does anybody know if the 15% stack with other rebates?

Is this a good deal? Everything built in, $910 a month…

Terrible deal, it does not considerer any of the discounts described in the thread above.

It does have discounts above and I wouldn’t have an affiliate discount

I’m far from knowing what I’m doing when it comes to leasing cars, but Rodo doesn’t seem too bad?
For example, here is a Summit 4xe lease. I found the dealership and they have a Black Friday “sale” going on for $699/mo plus taxes/fees and they told me $858 per month sign and drive 7,500 miles / 39mos. Rodo shows $6 cheaper before any negotiating. Or am I missing something?

The lease programs get increasingly worse as you go up the trim ladder, so payments increase by way more than the % increase in MSRP. I don’t think any of the regulars here have taken a GC trim above 4xe base, for that exact reason.

If you look at the Rodo discussion thread, some people have sold to them but almost no one here has bought/leased from them. So that’s not a benchmark at all, except to validate a terrible deal.

Jeep GC for $800/m is a non-starter, thats just common sense for me. Some of the gadflies on the forum like @DailyDriven will disagree, not because they have anything to add but because they live to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

1 Like

Don’t have anything to add? Really?

Poor @max_g, when he isn’t landfilling every post he can he is busy telling everyone and anyone that leasing is bad and lecturing about TCO. He knows it and is told the same all the time, but it does not matter.

@scratchgolfer17 - just ignore it as it is only noise.

2 Likes

It doesnt matter. Its Rodo, so it is isnt real.

2 Likes