Jeep In Service for Month- No timetable, What to do?

Which in general is why I care a lot more about having a warranty on a new car versus my old rust buckets. I can’t fix any electrical gremlins myself.

Although this sure leads to kids growing up less handy. I kept my old Mercury on the road with a constant supply of fuses, lightbulbs and motor oil.

2 Likes

don’t forget duct tape!

1 Like

Ya maybe another dealer would be more helpful… or at least more helpful in getting me a better loaner that’s not a minivan lol.

PLEASE tell me they’ve at least given you a Pacifica and not a Caravan?

1 Like

Lots of great advice in this post, I would:

• Get copies of all your service records if you don’t have them
  • Go on Yelp, find a good lemon lawyer, and have a consult (even if you think you’re past the date)
  • Go on Yelp, find the highest rated FCA dealer for service, and either drive your car there or have it towed there. They’ll have the service records, let them look at it.
  • If they can’t help, I’d find the best Jeep mechanic in 50 miles and see if they can fix it and fight with Chrysler later about getting it paid.

There are other options if they can’t fix it, like a collateral exchange or a buyback before the title is branded.

When I had my 2016 GTI (Lemon), it was the first year they put the radar-based safety tech on the Golf platform (designed for the Toureg in 2009 and pulled within a year here in the US), and with many VW dealers here in SoCal only 1 dealer had the equipment to calibrate that system ($100k+ in equipment: 32 sensors and cameras and reflectors and lasers they had to setup when it was on the alignment rack, it’s a 4hour runtime once the job is setup). Punch line is the SMALLEST dealer (which has about 25 cars on their lot) was the one with the gear and the mechanic, not the largest or 2nd or 3rd. VW found them for me, but I checked after and they were the highest rated service dept and much better to deal with than the others. If it was something that could have been fixed, I’m sure they could have fixed it.

I asked VW when they couldn’t fix the car to just take it back, they said no. The only way I got my situation resolved was getting a lemon lawyer involved. The settlement is confidential but they should have taken my deal when I offered it.

I stumbled upon a Reddit discussion that seems relevant here OP

3 Likes

Same thing happened to my dads. It was the odometer

Hmmm interesting! I will mention that to them

Isn’t the odometer just a reading pulled from the ECU now that they’re all digital? Did they replace that?

Or the tooth on the tranny that counts the revolutions

It was slowly draining. They replaced his and never a problem again.

1 Like

We have contacted a lawyer and now will see what legal action we can take…

Side note: enterprise just called us saying they want the minivan back and have switched us to a Dodge Journey… slightly more appealing than a minivan lol

3 Likes

Your rental is through enterprise and your only choice is a minivan or a dodge journey?

Bad credit special…

I’d be pressing for a loaded exploder.

The dealer is paying for the rental. They said the only Chrysler products they have available are the journey or ram.

I will admit tho they both have been the highest trims of each tho lol.

Still quite ugly vehicles though

CDJR products only?

Drop the air from a tire and exchange that bucket of bolts, lol.

The most interesting part of that thread was the Florida AG’s lemon law arbitration report. FCA has by far the most lemon law issues despite selling less vehicles than Ford or GM. I’d guess this is a combo of their poor quality as well as policy of forcing everyone with a lemon to go through the arbitration process with the AGs office. Either way, maybe just avoid FCA products.

1 Like

Poor quality from FCA? The hell you say! :joy:

5 Likes

Contacted the national center for dispute settlement and they just emailed me saying

“After review of your claim, NCDS has found that your vehicle is eligible for the Automotive Warranty Arbitration program. Please see the attached letter for further information regarding your claim.”

Not sure what to do next but the documents in the email say Chrysler might contact me to settle

Who runs that?

If you are going to be involved in arbitration, this might be the time for you to reach out for consultation with an attorney who specializes in this area.

Otherwise, it is going to be you against Chrysler’s attorneys at arbitration.

1 Like