Jeep Grand wagoneer series 3

Hi Hackers,
I would appreciate your input on this deal. This is a grand Wagoneer series 3 which has been driven 6300 miles by the owner of the showroom in Long Island NY.
These are the numbers.
MSRP 114,780
Selling price 104,530
Lease terms 12k /48 months
Residual 45,912
MF .00215
ZIP code 11563
Monthly 1762.00 sign and drive
The dealer is putting the miles as 4500 in order to lease the vehicle. I would appreciate your honest opinion.

Thanks.

Here is the calculator link:

I wouldn’t do business with people who commit fraud.

8 Likes

How do you benefit from paying 80% of an asset’s purchase price to rent it for 4 years?

2 Likes

This this 100x this.

“If you met a girl who was cheating on her husband with you, why would you marry her?” - my grandfather

4 Likes

I agree. I did not negotiate or even open negotiations. I wanted to test drive the wagoneer and they had this on the lot. I liked it as it had all the bells and whistles. Hypothetically what should be the numbers that I should ask for??

Cindy Crawford - boiiiiii - tell me u wouldn’t- Cindy Crawford in her prime for all u geeezaaa’s

2 Likes

Check the Marketplace

That’s neither here nor there. Pretty much every make and model above median priced cars can be optioned to have all the bells and whistles.

You can often find much better value if you’re open minded about makes and really define what your requirements are.

2 Likes

Not sure what an Escalade goes for but if you spending that much, I would go for that. And only 8% off for a used cars? LI dealers think it is 2021 still.

20% off MSRP plus all applicable incentives. (pulled that out of my a$$ but from what I understand Jeep is having a hard time moving these things)

Even with a big discount this thing may not be worth leasing if there is no lease support for a '23. I assume it’s a '23. With a residual that low, even with big dealer discount this may still be an ugly lease.

Also, if they don’t report the accurate milage on the contract you have been screwed out of miles…actual minus miles on contract.

I thought Jeep was having difficulty selling these from day #1. I’m a bit surprised that they haven’t done something to really move these. The GW would be an excellent lease option if they would structure it correctly.

I got mine for 1400 a month but I plan on buying it out once my plates come in. I’ll be pay off most of the car in next 42 months if I were to lease. I’d have more “equity” if I just did a buy

That residual is ridiculous for a lease. They’re basically telling you the car is not worth the amount you’re paying.

Update:

I might be going through buyback on mine. We love it but it’s been in the shop most of the time we got it. If I don’t get the car back this week, I’m sending letter to FCA directly to start process. Too many software issues, car has a slight vibration….

I would look at something else if you can

2 Likes

@djrabbi is growing lemons at his place.

2 Likes

Lemon tree in my backyard

2 Likes

My buddy has had the same challenges with his Wagoneer S3 – tons of electrical and software issues. Been in the shop 9 weeks in/out since November with no line of sight into them actually permanently fixing the issues. FCA offered him $10k for the hassles. Friend doesn’t want to do a buyback bc they like the car otherwise, but I think it’s foolish not to bc doesn’t seem they’ll ever be able to fully resolve these problems.

How can anyone like a car they barely get to drive

Wow. Good to know. Look for other options. Thanks for the information

Video of my car lol

https://video.37483.net/timeline/ofNwKBs3JioBJSA8

1 Like

Yeh, makes no sense to me but they’re not too bothered I guess bc they keep getting loaners during the downtime.