Jeep grand cherokee summit reseve 2023

brand new jeep grand cherokee summit reserve 2023 msrp $70,080 looking to purchase have price down to $61,700 before tax and fee’s . have not seen pricing near that number good deal ? hoping I have given enough info

How much of that discount is incentives vs dealer discount off msrp ??

dealer has 4 of the identical summits on let since 2-23 i apologize if im not mistaken $1500 in incentives the rest dealer discount .

4xe or regular gas model?

I’m assuming gas because a Summit Reserve 4xe(s) are usually sitting at $80K+ MSRP

Plus more for incentives, was just making sure.

Honestly, I know as much as you lol. I’m only assuming it’s a non-4xe. However, if this is a 4xe Summit Reserve then he has a really good deal in front of him.

Yes it is the gas model v6 summit reserve

It’s only a “deal” because of the oldest trick in the book. Mark up the sticker before pretending to mark it down.

All of this vehicle’s competitors are $48-55k. Is it really a deal when you’re paying more than everyone else?

1 Like

thank you for the comment but not interested in the competition , just want best out the door price on this vehicle which yes would be a deal if I pay less then others buying the same vehicle .

Genuine question… what do you think a competitive vehicle for a GC SR actually is? If you’re paying extra for the SR goodies, you’re not getting a comparably equipped vehicle in the $55k price point.

I don’t think reducing vehicles down to their spec sheet is particularly instructive when everyone has something tangible or intangible to offer.

For example Jeep SR trims have a high end audio system. The Korean brands have blindspot viewing cameras. Toyota has the best reputation for reliability and resale value. Many of them will offer third rows, or electrification, or something else.

It doesn’t matter what I think what the comps are. The market has spoken. It has rejected Jeep’s aspirations to price its products like luxury vehicles. So its competitors are non-luxury brands.

Just like the VW Phaeton, the market doesn’t assign values based on marketing brochures. No matter how much VW shouted that it had a steel version of the same chassis as the Audi A8 and Bentley, it didn’t matter what goodies it had. If anything, that indeterminate limbo between luxury and non-luxury is the worst place to be. You pay way more than the mainstream competition and gain none of the cachet of the luxury market.

So why compare against the 55k variants of the Korean vehicles if the specs don’t matter? Aren’t they just overpriced version of their base model selves? Should someone automatically dismiss a Lexus GX because they can get a much cheaper based model Rav4? After all, it’s an suv with 4 doors so it’s definitely the same.

I don’t disagree that the S/SR trims are expensive, but go sit in the highest trim highlander you can find and a GC SR and tell me those are somehow in the same spot in the market. There’s probably a valid price argument looking at the value of something like a GC limited against a highlander platinum, and the toyota may be a better value (although even that I’d disagree on after driving both), but if someone is targeting the extra features you get on the higher trims over the terms comparable to the $55k price point, those things obviously have value to them.

1 Like

It’s not that specs don’t matter. When it becomes reductive and useless is when specs are used to create the narrowest goalposts that only one vehicle can fit through.

But all of that discussion digresses from the main point.

It’s only a “deal” because of the oldest trick in the book. Mark up the sticker before pretending to mark it down.

MSRP is a completely artificial construct. Jeep can make the MSRP whatever it wants, just like any OEM. Let’s be honest, would we be having this discussion with a $62k selling price for a $62k MSRP GC SR? $59k MSRP? The same car, the same dollars leaving your pocket: does it still seem like a deal?

once again appreciate the banter but the answer I am looking for was pretty straight forward KBB has fair market price at $65,494 and above , well above my purchase price not interested in others philosophies website is here for facts of just dollars and cents and good deal bad deal . not about ones perception .

I think 61K for a Summit Reserve is a good price for this market. It’s a good looking SUV as well, one of the better looking ones compared to others.

thank you much appreciated that is the kind of conversation I am looking to have

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.