Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - unhackable?

, , , , , ,

Ive been on the hunt for a deal on a Gladiator Rubicon, going on four weeks now. It seems like NO-ONE is willing to deal on these things in the tri-state area (Im from Ohio). 600-700+ payments and zero wiggle room. Our fellow hackr @Nypharm put me in contact with a dealer out of PA, who has provided the best deal at $575/month, but our calculator is showing $566/month with all of the appropriate figures input from the “deal” (link to calculator below).

MSRP: 55,800
Selling price: 50,446
42/12k
MF/Res: .0012/59%
Acq fee: $695
Doc fee: $324
Title/Reg: $377 (which seems insane, but would NOT budge)
Payment: $566 (includes first month payment, acq fee, and doc fee)

Again, the dealer was coming up with $575/month. I’ve tried to explain it multiple times, but to no avail…I’ve contacted 8-10 different dealers, and have done my homework to the best of my ability. This has proven to be a little more tricky than i was expecting.

Am i missing something here? Is there a better deal to be had elsewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Leasehackr Calculator - Gladiator Rubcon

I have seen the difference in the calculator amounts between the dealer and LH one. Not sure why…

1 Like

There isn’t a ton out there, looking at cargurus using 43201 zip code and going out 200 miles I only found 28. There are about 4 or 5 that show in stock over a year and a few at 200 days+. Have you targeted these old stock units at all?

Jeez, 500 miles out brings up some 500+ day old units, maybe target those.

3 Likes

When i use autotrader, im showing 305 new gladiator rubicons with the same parameters. I will check out cargurus though, thanks for the response.

Yeah some dealers don’t list on certain sites, but target units that have been in stock for 300+ days, I would think those dealers would be motivated. Nobody wants a birthday car.

1 Like

Believe reason your off on figures is money factor is 0.014 not 0.0012. Issues with these vehicles is I targeted in stock dealers before many refuse to lease or discount or use 3rd party banks. After searching whole east coast, found my dealer and had it custom ordered. Many jeep dealers only use Chrysler to lease. The dealer I referred you to, does 3rd party banks which offer better rates plus a decent discount on vehicle itself.

However goodluck if you can find the combo of no markup on money factor and a discount. Let me known the name, might trade in mine for a better rate. Not to sound like Debbie downer but it will he very difficult. Trust me I tried, searched from CT to Maryland.

1 Like

for a '21 at 42/12, the third party was at .0012. The dealer also confirmed this when i talked to them, along with another dealer i was working with. Yeah i think if i cant find anything else worthy, ill be circling back to them.

Honestly what I would do is go for 10k, to bring payment to your target and trade it in early. Vroom is offering me buyout higher than bank wants for my rubicon. I’m 19 months in, will probably pull trigger on selling it to them in next few months.

1 Like

FCA dealers are just a giant PITA in general, add any sort “desirability” or “believed desirability” and it becomes more so. I find it strange that a dealer with a vehicle sitting on their floorplan for 300+ days wouldn’t want to blow it out, especially to an out of state buyer(not whoring it out in your own market)

3 Likes

Yea they are a pain. All other brands are easier. FCA dealers will hold on to those vehicles for years rather than discount. Not logical in my mind but I guess thats how they do business. Jeep wrangler and gladiator are hard to lease. Probably easier to get deal on rolls royce lease than a jeep wrangler or gladiator.

2 Likes

I think these might have MRM as well that eats into the deal. Someone ca confirm.

The 2020 is definitely the play here, find something that has the extra $1,000 in select inventory bonus cash if this unit doesn’t have it. Those will most likely be older units. If you happen to have a Tundra, Tacoma or 4Runner there appears to be some conquest cash out there too.

2 Likes

That’s a really strong discount, but there’s no cash on these cars (at least in my region). I wouldn’t keep arguing over $9/mo. Especially if you’ve contacted 8-10 dealers with no luck. If it’s base MF and that good of a discount, I’d do it. Gladiator inventory is not plentiful.

2 Likes

The vast majority of the time, significant errors in calculator outputs are due to user error

1 Like

Am i missing anything in my calculation that would warrant the discrepancy? Im all ears…

What is the dealer asking das?

first month DAS. I said that i would pay the bank fee and doc fee upfront as well.

If this is being done through a third party bank my best guess is that it is allowing you to take advantage of the Employee pricing purchase incentive, which may be taxable? That could be part of the discrepancy.

1 Like

What is the dollar figure of the das?

Either incentives that aren’t being broken out in your calculator and are taxable or a mismatched das amount would be my guess here.

When looking at a Volvo V60 (2020 loaners were targeted) several weeks ago I came across some nicely equipped units that were located in WI and MI. These were on dealers lots for almost (and in some cases more than) a year. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago so it wouldn’t be a huge problem to drive up there if the deal made sense. When I spoke to them after they responded to my emails it was obvious why they still had these. Quotes were a joke compared to the Chicagoland area dealers. These smaller, nearly rural dealers just can’t compete on price with the higher volume stores. When I closed my deal weeks later (I leased from an area dealer) I was speaking to the F&I guy while signing and he said they frequently pick up cars from those dealers because they are highly optioned and when inventory gets low they can move them. Not sure what type of deal they work to get them, but I am sure they make it worth the effort.

1 Like