Jeep 4xe recharging while driving

So my grand cherokee 4xe seems to do something strange that i never noticed to happen with my wrangler. Sometimes it charges the battery while on highway. I mean it can go up to 36% or more charged. I charged it a week ago and been doing local driving for over a week and yesterday battery was still at 80%. Is this something that is supposed to happen? I mean I have the regen button on but that never mattered with the wrangler.

Theres a setting where E-save can recharge the battery while you drive. Not efficient but an option.

GC it sometimes happens a bit on hybrid but then comes down.

E-save charge will recharge. Sport mode recharges fairly aggressively as well.

Is this in the settings?

Yeah, sport mode in highway was noticeable just its very sporadic and suprised jeep did not make it as an option. This seems to happen whenever it feels like.

Charging in esave is an option…

Thank you. I will do it just always kept it on hybrid and it seemed to work.

There’s not much good reason to use the engine to charge if fuel economy is your concern.

2 Likes

The only time I found it beneficial is for a very slow trail and I want the silent drive. Plus electric is so efficient at 10mph. ESave uses the battery for motive, then recharges back to the set point too from watching the pages. It’s been fun playing with the tech/data.