Jaguar F-Pace Loaner Advice

I’ve been trying to secure a “good” lease deal on a mid-size SUV for the past couple months, but this market has been absolutely brutal. Dealers in my area propose absolutely terrible deals and are not willing to budge, because they know someone else will walk in 10 minutes later and take the deal.

I’m currently visiting some family in SC and decided to take a look at what dealers around here had on the lot. I found a Jaguar F-Pace loaner with 5400 miles I’m interested in and contacted the dealer. Their first offer was 12.5% off (pre-incentive). I have two questions:

1. What should I be targeting as a pre-incentive discount? I’ve read lots of loaner BMW posts and it seems 15% - 20% is the goal. Is it any different for Jaguar?

2. I’m looking for a 36/12k lease. Is it ok to lease a car that already has 5,400 miles on it? Just thinking about maintenance, etc.

I greatly appreciate any help or advice!

These numbers mean nothing in isolation.

Are they at buyrate MF or max markup? Is there a big doc fee? Are there add-ons that “cannot be taken off”? Is destination additional? Etc

1 Like

I’ve cleaned a quarter of my dealers loaners over the last few months but I can dig that deep on a F-Pace. Usually dealer discounts for loaners and demos vary brand to brand. At this discount you definitely won’t get to be picky over options.

JLR base is basically nothing, dealer’s are almost always marking up Chase’s rate but it’s honestly insignificant, it’s usually less than even BMW’s min rate with max MSDs. Base still happens but when digging this deep people need to make some money.

As @jeisensc linked Jaguar does offer 5 years of maintenance under their warranty. You just have to keep current.

1 Like

Max,

Sorry for not including everything. Here is the initial quote they sent me. The MF matches up with what I’m finding on Edmunds, but the residual doesn’t. I read that Jaguar doesn’t adjust the residual based on loaner miles. I’m seeing 51% on Edmunds, but here they’re using 48% for 36 mo.

The Xzillon (protective coating) and nitrogen (for the tires…) fee makes the deal more difficult. Should I push to remove these?

Hershey,

I appreciate your input. Based on your experience, am I being unrealistic to expect a 15% discount in this market? I just posted the quote I received if that helps at all.

I sent you a message.

This is because Jaguar’s Financial Service (Chase) Reduces the residual value per mile driven.

1 Like