Jaguar and Land Rover Still Can't Top Even Mitsubishi In J.D. Power's Initial

Yeah, I don’t buy it having owned Genesis and Hyundai in the past. But I imagine that people who drive Korean cars are doing it because they’re willing to sacrifice things to get a cheaper car. Those people are less likely to report issues.

3 Likes

Math could be blurred because overall unit counts are diffrent. Hyundai and Kia sell alot of cars.

hopefully the score is weighted - cupholders very little weight, transmission failure a high weight. That’s at least how CR claims they do it.

You really wanna deal with 4 square at a Jag or LR dealer?

I have a theory on those two brands being at the bottom. You spend $20-30k on a car you’re more bound to let little shit go when it stops working or has quirks. You spend 3-4x that you better believe I’m going to be down at the dealer’s service department raising hell or having a them drop me off comparable loaner at home.

1 Like

Lemon law? :slight_smile:

No, manufacturer recall.

Even sweeter.

I totally get (and agree) that these surveys aren’t the be-all, end-all and that they can be vulnerable to manipulation (since I don’t work in the industry, I haven’t heard anything about bribes, though).

However, when MB’s ratings took a nosedive in the early 1990s, the company used the same excuses being mentioned here (“Our owners are very picky” and “People who drive Subarus don’t care much about quality”). Having had MBs when they were ranked high and after the drop, I can tell you that MB was producing some sh*t cars when their ratings tanked. So I do think the survey have some use.

1 Like