It literally PAYS to drive electric, literally / Sold one to Kia Dealer

i checked out a limited charging next to me at EA. it was far superior to a model y. ton of features, ventilated seats, really nice leather. same price.

1 Like

Sure it has the fluff, but itll never compare to tesla tech. I feel like its smaller then Y but I havened seen them side by side. Range is bad and efficiency is terrible. It also felt slower to me then my bolt
Also the steering wheel needs to extend out more, I couldn’t find a comfortable position being 5’10"

I think maybe I went with high expectations and was extremely let down. The cool look factor wore off super quick too.

I can easily find Niro New at 40k. Why area dealers paying 37k for a used one is beyond me.

And @HN308 try to find me an Ioniq5 anywhere close to MSRP on the west coast.

2 Likes

As been pointed in other threads, you wanna be careful of this. Selling a car for EV credit may be considered as tax fraud and if you are audited… well then

I’m a student, I barely work, it’s not worth it, only reason I’m ever up in these leases is because the manufacturer passes the credit in the lease + more.

Do you still have any more SE AWD at list?
My Mach E might never come so I need a backup.

When did you order yours?

I ordered in April.

According to the Mach e forums, once your scheduled it can be another 2 months out and another month for delivery. Needless to say, I’m not scheduled yet.

I also wouldn’t take delivery if my car arrives in the last quarter and they’re over the 200k threshold.

Wierd. I ordered 2 on last day of ordering. Both are going into production in the next 2 weeks.

Ionic 5 can be found for msrp in LA as of a couple weeks ago. I passed on one. @boozinix

I think OP’s Niro is already listed at 40k. Pretty looney imo.

Dm me dealer name? I literally reached out to 10+ this week. Found nothing

I don’t follow too close the EV market, but I’m sensing that there’s a play here. What’s a good EV that I can buy for MSRP and trade towards another vehicle that I want to buy? Do you think the Kia EV6 will get 95% of MSRP trade in value ( eg if it’s original MSRP is 50K, can I get 47.5?) if I trade it with less than 500 miles?

A model 3 or Y will net you more than msrp

But I’m assuming I’ll have to wait several months for either one and no credit? The play imho is to get the credit and not lose much on the MSRP.

There’s a whole thread on here on how to get them fast. (Like you have to be fast to get them fast)

1 Like

Where did you hear about thr NJ 5k EV incentive returning?

Good for You but this option is not going to work for most of the Hackers here. They can not rely on their friends with daily commute :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not 5k, I follow closely on the NJ EV scene, here’s the proposal, I’ll make a post about it in off ramp too

Coming back as 4k with 45k soft cap, $2k for 45-55k

1 Like

One of my local Kia dealers just sold an EV6 for 7K above MSRP. What moron pays 7K over for an f’n Kia?

2 Likes

A lot of people, you’d be surprised whos willing to pay ADM to get their hands on hybrids, electric and plug in hybrids.