ISO Minivan Deals

You need Like a Ford excursion third row and those are expensive

I’ve been taking a lot of Uber xl this week as family is visiting. The new excursions, Tahoe’s and suburbans are super nice. Thinking about getting one myself if I can get a “deal” on a Tahoe…

I hear even getting supplier pricing is difficult nowadays, Local dealer near me wants 20k over on any Yukon Denali on the lot, surprise - they have none.

1 Like

I think if you can find one of those Ford dealers going deep on order you could try to order an exp.

I saw a guy on WCC that scored like 10% off an order for a GMC truck.

1 Like

Wait, there is no Excursion right now? Just the expedition max. I don’t think they have an official excursion released yet, although there may be conversions.

Order a Kia Carnival if you can’t get a Sienna.

Whoops. I confused the names.

I think finding a Kia carnival in the Kia carnival forum will be the best option

Haha, you had me furiously searching the interwebs, I’ll be in the market for a full size body on frame suv within a year. Yukon xl and suburban on the top of my list so far. But an excursion would be amazing.

You need something larger than a Sub or Expedition Max? You need a Transit.

1 Like

I take my mother in law with us on trips so cargo space behind the third row is key. Highlander ain’t cutting it. I should get a pick up truck and put her in the bed.

6 Likes

Is this a one-way trip… for her?

1 Like

Must be why I keep taking her places.

If I get an Odyssey at MSRP, is that a good deal?

These days - yep

Just keep in mind it’s the oldest body style of all (4) minivans and gets worse fuel economy than both the hybrid Sienna and phev Pacifica.

TCO on the Odyssey will likely fall somewhere behind both vehicles during the term you plan on driving.

If a long term vehicle, the Odyssey will likely holds its value more than the Pacifica but not the Sienna.

Thanks! Are you saying TCO for Odyssey is higher than Pacifica and Sienna? Also, I have seen most Odysseys last over 200k miles. I have not see any Pacifica’s reaching there or any of the Odysseys.

I’m saying the Odyssey would have a higher TCO than the Sienna. But likely less than the Pacifica due to the poor long term reliability and residual values of Chrysler products.

Short term the Pacifica would have a lower TCO due to the incentives (or rebate on purchase) and higher mpg due to it being a phev.

My wife and I had this same discussion and bought an AWD Sienna in November.

Thanks! That makes sense. I have a friend who works at Honda here in GA and said he can talk to his GM to remove the Market Adjustment on the Odyssey. I definitely need a van for sure, just need to make sure I make the right decision. I only see old Odysseys out there on the road and just seems like everyone has one.

Odyssey is a VERY sold choice. I’d say if you can’t find a Kia Carnival or Sienna go for it.

The Carnival and Sienna are both very reliable, (at least the carnival) up-to-date options, with very strong warranties behind them. Definitely see what’s out there for both, send an email to some local Kia and Toyota dealers to see what they have incoming so do some research into

Kia Carnival
Toyota Sienna

If you can find a Toyota Sienna (trim depending on what you are looking for) brand new at MSRP, then definitely opt for that. Toyota will have great resale value. This will definitely be a tricky one to do, but they are great minivans.

If not, Honda Odyssey next. It still uses the time-tested, timing-belt driven 3.5L, but it is definitely reliably.