IS300 or TLX Choice

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted some input as I am getting a car this weekend. Below are the deals I received - which do you feel I should get? Opinions are appreciated!

2017 Acura TLX V6 Base (no NAV)
MSRP: 36,400
Rebate: 4,250
10k miles / year
Price: 315 / month (36 months; includes all fees and taxes in monthly payment)
21 MPG combined

2017 Lexus IS 300 (no NAV)
MSRP: 42,900
Invoice: 40,557
MF: .00020
Selling: $37,398
Residual: 58%
Rebate: 1,500
Sales Tax $1275.10
Bank Fee $700
DMV $275
Doc Fee $75.00
Tire Tax $12.50
Inspection $10.00
10k miles / year
Price: 385 / month (36 months; includes all fees and taxes in monthly payment)
25 MPG combined

Do you have any further info such as MSRP, selling price, incentives of each, etc. so people can give you their opinions as to which is the better deal? Which one do you like better from a driving perspective?

Just added some info – both cars drive well. The Acura has a quieter cabin and is smoother. The Lexus handles better.

The Lexus IS300 is an AWD. If you live in an area where you feel you need the all traction then is no brainer. The TLX is a great car, its a FWD car. I like it more than the IS300 and I think you are getting a great deal on both, but again if it snows where you live I think the IS300 is a better choice.

Well the Acura is a slightly better deal as a percentage basis just based on the monthly payment vs MSRP. So it’s $840/yr more to drive the Lexus but it’s more car. But if you had still more info such as selling price, MF and residual value for each, then more hackers could chime in and give thoughts on improving current offers. It might boil down to which you prefer to drive and whether the Lexus has more options you don’t want to live without.

You have the rebates on the Tlx wrong the total rebate is $6,250

1 Like

Even for the base? I am finding it difficult to find this information in the public domain (i.e., rebate and incentive defails) – what site clearly discloses this?

You will like the TLX more and this is a car you may even purchase lease end.

The is300 you will drop it on its head at the end

1 Like

Why do you say that?

Drive both.

Look on the road at older Acura TSX and TL and see how great they still look compared to older Lexus

I posted some more information on the Lexus - does this look like a good deal? I have one other dealer who will do the same deal but for 375 / month, with a spoiler too (the car above does not have one). The only reason I am not going with the 375 dealer is because they do not have the color I want until next month. The thing is, both Lexus offers are good only through today - is it worth risking the wait until May to see if the prices hold, or do they typically decline?

It’s hard to say for sure. Lots of variables. It’s month end so if you wait then you might have to wait until end of May to replicate. If you like car and color and need a car now the I say go for it.