Is Volvo dealer lying about msd?

On a xc90 t6 r line dealer is saying 10msd would bring my money factor down by .0001 only and my payment would go down $2 only a month. They said because their MF is so low already the MSD won’t help.

Truth or lie??

Depends on money factor. Send me your deal and I’ll see if I can beat it in NorCal. I have a dealer in the region and I’m decently competitive if I have It in stock.

You should get the residual and money factor from Edmunds and then use the calculator to find out.

2 Likes

Depends, what is the starting MF?

2 Likes

10 MSDs would bring MF down by .0005. But like others said, if MF is already low you may be able to do only 2 (.0001 reduction) and that would not make much sense.

1 Like

IDK if they’re lying or just plain stupid.

Good reason to walk either way.

This is the deal on the calc without Any MSD. but this is for T6 r line in grey. Only one around the area so can’t get the price lower. The selling price includes $3k lease cash, $500 USAA, $750 a plan

I don’t have that build. Sorry. Best of luck!

You can’t get price lower because a-plan = invoice (6% off MSRP). Drop a-plan and see if they can do 8%+

So A-plan is what they are using to discount the car? They were telling me a-plan only gives that $750 incentive.

Edmunds says residual is 56% and MF IS .00056. Based on the calculator 10 MSD would bring MF to .00006. That’s almost 0%…is that right?

That should be possible. On my last S90 deal, I brought the MF down to 0.00003. Total interest (rent charge) over 36 months was $78 total. That was with only 5 MSDs. I couldn’t do more, because negative MF is not possible.

It seems like a lot of Volvo dealers are not adept at working with MSDs in my experience, but I’ve used them on both my deals. I like MSDs because I look at it as a return on investment of 9% per year give or take.

A-plan discount is 6% off + $750 a-plan cash and this is what they give you, I guess.