Is this reasonable to expect on a BMW?

May be possible but stock is pretty thin. Are you open to an out of state car and flying in to pick up/shipping?

Thanks. The 2 kind of wash each other out so, my $640ish/mo isn’t too much to expect then? Dealer quoted me $935/mo, I asked about sales price, residual and mf and he ghosted me. I guess I just need to reach out to more dealers.

Yes, the car I found is out of state, I’m happy to either go get it our pay to have it shipped.

1 Like

Sent you a PM.

And yeah with tax/first due at sign it doesn’t sound like it’s out of the question. Discount is reasonable but key is finding dealer willing to go there right now.

With that price, you should have ghosted him first

1 Like

I’ve seen worse offers, lol.

That’s almost literally a sticker deal at that MSRP.

Having tier 1 credit doesn’t mean the dealer won’t mark up the mf.

2 Likes

I understand they’ll try, I don’t need another car though, this is just because I want something fast and fun on twisty roads. If I can’t get my deal, I won’t buy it.

1 Like

I actually couldn’t get to $935 at MSRP, highest I calculated was $840 unless I jacked the mf up to .02 or something stupid.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s products they’re willing to sell you to get it there!

Nothing wrong with them marking up the mf if the discount is increased to reflect it. Some dealers have internal incentive structures that pay out for marked up mfs that make it more financially prudent for them to favor a larger discount with higher MF. If the deal works out holistically with a marked up mf, no harm no foul.

2 Likes

Oh for sure. I know of a couple shops where a mini is doubled for selling a deal with full rate markup.

That’s a different situation, if the whole deal is adjusted to adapt to an increased mf then yeah, it can be doable. Not with the deal I was offered or in isolation though, it’s got to be part of a complete deal.

No problem. I would focus on the discount before the incentive if I were you. If you keep payment shopping the dealers will play around with down payment etc.

Yes definitely reach out to more dealers. The 340ix inventory has been slim lately but it doesn’t hurt to try.

1 Like

Absolutely. We get a lot of people here that dwell on having to have buy rate mf, regardless of the rest of the complete deal. They seem to see a mark up as a personal attack and insist that their credit worthiness means anything but buy rate is a jab at them. Always important to keep the overall deal in mind and to adjust to buy rate for comparing deals, but in the end, it’s just another knob that can be turned to tweak things a bit.

1 Like

Is Texas one of those “tax the sales price” states where it’s advantageous to assume a lease transfer from out of state?

Like someone from VA mentioned, on their DMV as long as any non-zero value is entered on the system for tax paid to another state, no tax is due from the new lessee.

Texas will get you for the sales tax (they call it a use tax) when you register the vehicle.

Although, it might be different with a lease since the owner doesn’t change and there has been tax paid out of state by the current owner. That’s a good question, I’m not sure how it would work in that situation.

2 Likes

OOS to Texas transfered are taxed.

Texas to Texas stays the same whether tax credits used or not.

I’d probably consider 2yr lease and one-pay it on a car that doesn’t have sales tax credit in Texas. The total isn’t much higher than DAS plus MSDs of a regular lease. Not sure if BMW still does that.

It’s not as sweet as before as BMW has dropped RV on 2yr terms recently but you might save a set of new tires and 5% tax

The rate of discount required to make 24 work against 36, tax credits, incidentals considered is largely untenable at this time save for perhaps a damage disclosure car.