Is this math correct?

Before I start calling dealers I need some help understanding if my math is correct
2019 Acura MDX tech 36/10k

MSRP 50095
Sales price via USAA $40175 (although in Bay Area not LA)
Lease cash 8500
Conquest 1000
Residual 53%
MF .00215

Calculator spits out $304 including tax

1. Is the conquest and lease cash taxable?
  2. Will dealers let me stack the incentives on their discounted sale price?

Have you ever seen anyone post 20% off a new MDX before incentives?

2 Likes

Yes im pretty sure the USAA price includes at very least the 8500; so you put it into the calculator twice. It going to be around 580 with the update. Acuras don’t lease super well. Although, I’ve seen a couple people get the 25% off in the forums… so they say.

Although deals can be had.

2 Likes

Look at other recent MDX deals on here. You’re not getting 18% off before incentives. 8-10% seems to be the ballpark.

The quotes I got from USAA’s car buying service in June were worse than worthless.

Example 2019 BMW 750i: $4k off $118k MSRP.

Without even asking for a discount I was consistently getting at least $18k off on the first offer, from dealers in three states.

For a Acura MDX Tech? Cause if so then id make sure to get the Residual 53%
MF .00215 and jump of that deal.

Glad I asked here first.
I was under the impression the $8500 was only lease cash. Seams odd for USAA to include a lease incentive in their offer.

I also know that one dealer already has 2020 MDXs on their lot and these deals are for 2019s.

It is not necessarily lease money in that offer. There could be finance money. You should ask them and find out.

1 Like

Yeah I looked at an MDX and they gave me about a 20% off MSRP for a 2019. But still that payment was around $450, which is similar to some BMWs, Audis, Mercedes (VA doesn’t include lease payments in the monthly). Didn’t fall in love with it as they say.

But everyone’s got there own brand!

I mistakenly had the wrong zip code in during my initial request and got offers at $10k off msrp through USAA. LA dealers were only $6.7k off.

The 2020s are here and inventory on the 19s is pretty limited.
Fingers crossed.

But in theory 10% off MSRP
Then I can deduct $9500 in incentives?

Correct. Look at other MDX threads for reference

FYI the numbers are back from the best deal to date. $12k off MSRP. Plus $1000 loyalty.
MSRP 50295
SP 38295
Loyalty -1000
$447 plus LA tax = $487 for 36/10k

Not bad but I test drove the Hyundai Palisade yesterday and their residual is at 63%, 10 points higher than the MDX.

How much over sticker were they asking on the Palisade or are they not trying to be like Kia dealers?

Acura’s lease cash is worth almost 20% of RV points

1 Like

I used USAA/true car and the gave me $2710 off MSRP on the Palisade. The lease quote he sent was typical vague dealer fluff and I’m waiting on actual details. Also this dealer that offered $2700 off has $1700 in BS dealer add-ons like paint sealant.

“Palisade SEL. $1500 drive off, $420 a month.”
Not sure if this includes tax (unlikely) and waiting to get SP, MF.

I liked it more than the MDX which I’ve leased before. Their $40k palisade is better equipped than the $50k tech MDX.

I’m surprised they’re starting out of the gate that “low”. Yah, it isn’t a hacker worthy yet, but they’ve been out for all of a couple weeks. They look far more appealing to me than the telluride too.