Is this a good VW Tiguan SEL 4motion lease? Ohio

Feels $50 too high. I’m confused as to why the adjusted (net) cap cost is higher than the initial cap cost? Also, please note, I’ll be doing 36 months, not 39, so the residual should be 55% ($19,193). Finally, I plan to do $0 money down. Thanks for your help!

Line 18 indicates $925 added to the initial cap cost - I’m assuming that is the acquisition fee.

Here in California on a SEL FWD msrp $33785 selling price of $29,214, they want $800 DAS and 36 month 12k $354.70+tax or 39 month $346.31+tax that’s what I’m working on right now. Don’t have complete numbers because we are still going back and forth.

1 Like

But that added $925 still doesn’t add up to the $33,015. And shouldn’t these fees be in the gross cap cost, not the adj cap cost?

I’m not seeing the gross cap cost listed on this pic. Did they roll in all the fees & tax too?

This pic breakout is so confusing, I don’t even know. Or what to ask them.

How does this look?

2019 VW Tiguan SEL Premium 4motion
36 months / 12k miles
MSRP $39,644
Selling Price $33,644
Residual 55%
MF .00060
$0 down / $0 drive off
7.5% taxes included
$429/mo

That looks better as far as the numbers matching, but still not low enough for that car, VW is covering the first payment so no need to click zero drive off, rolled in doc fee and $33 fee, you see if you qualify for partner program?

Pretty sure ZDO on LHC just caps the first, so you don’t want to do that if VW is covering it.

Just a heads up that this is a SEL Premium. Looks like your calculator is a SEL only.

Whoops was going off your original sheet, I’ll look at it again

Changed it, off by $7 or $8

Anyway, the problem with these loaded up Tiguan’s, once they get close to $40k they just don’t seem to be worth the payment, once you get to $40k there’s allot more stuff to shop, the sweet spot is the SE.

1 Like

Thanks. So, what other loaded $40k SUV’s do you think are also around $415/mo and are better?

Depends on what you’re looking for, allot of it comes down to size, do you want a true third row V6 powered suv or a smaller two row or kids only 3rd row like the tiguan, typically 4cyl and/or turbo. One of the better deals that has been popping up is the Highlander XLE, due to the redesign coming out. Don’t get me wrong I like the tiguan, wife has one, just gets pricy for what it is when you load it up

1 Like

Size is actually not that important. 5 seater with room for a big dog works (couldn’t go smaller than a Mazda CX-5). My wife could care less about the engine. She likes the amenities and best tech features.