Is this a good deal on a BMW i3 demo car? Help!

Hi everyone,

Can you help me assess how good a deal this is?

2017 BMW i3 BEV (demo car with 8k miles)
Giga World, 20" wheels, tech & drive assistant package, harman kardon premium speakers

**MSRP: $51,850
**Selling Price: $34,850
**Monthly Payment: $249 + tax ($272.65)
**Down Payment: $4995
**MSD: 0, right?
**Incentives: $7500 federal, $2000 loyalty, $500 fleet; additionally, I can apply for California’s $2500 rebate
**Months: 36
**Annual Mileage: 10k
**MF: ?
**Residual: ?

**Zip Code:90017

I don’t think so, with that down payment (does that include all fees?) you will be well over $400 effective

1 Like

Demo vehicles are ineligible for the CVRP rebate.

Ok, so there goes that. Thanks!

Knowing that demo vehicles are not eligible for the CVRP rebate (thanks, @Whippit), what would you consider a good lease deal on this vehicle?

Thank you all in advance for your insight.

L

I had a demo (2017) locally that was 56k MSRP for $195/month for 24 months with $500 down, just as reference.

You’re going to get a lower monthly by going with the 24 month term. The high mileage is killing you so you’re going to have to push harder on the discount.

Got it. Thanks a lot.

Those numbers don’t make sense. Presuming the selling price already includes the incentives and the incentives are fully taxed and they have marked the money factor up, I am getting a sub-200 monthly because of the huge down payment.

Edit: unless that is BEV only, as I was using REX residuals.

A demo that was not titled should be eligible …

Good point. However, BMW demo vehicles are registered. Additionally, CVRP rules, section 2.4.B, indicates new vehicles must have an odometer reading of less than 7,500 miles. Two strikes on this specific vehicle.

1 Like

looks like a horrible deal

How is this car leasable given the mileage on it?