Is this a good deal on a 2020 RAV4 XLE?

He’s including insurance in that $485 for some reason.

@st90ar, when you say insurance, do you mean added gap?

Given their strong resale value it might be cheaper to buy the RAV4

Unless that insurance payment is $200 I’d never pay that for something lije rav4 but to each it’s own I guess

If you are coming to a forum to ask if it is a good deal…get told it isn’t a good deal by a dealer…and still go ahead with it, I just don’t understand.

I feel like the biggest mistake that people make that are truly trying to get a good deal is becoming emotionally attached to a specific vehicle.

It is fine if that is what you want, but as soon as that attachment is there you become compromised.

I’m including my full coverage insurance since i consider that a part of the cost of ownership. The RAV4 itself is 386 a month with gap.

If you’re trying to determine if you got a good deal or not, you need to analyze the deal itself. Rolling in things like insurance into the conversation may be helpful in evaluate if the lease fits your budget, but it just conflates your ability to evaluate its merit as a deal and makes your data useless for anyone else to compare to.

386 all in with gap is not bad this month for an xle

1 Like

I think thats with 2k drive offs

That’s true. My apologies for the confusion.

That’s good to know. Especially since I have it nearly loaded with whatever features the base XLE could have. (Like the weather packages and whatnot.) I’m somewhat wishing I opted for the premium audio package, but read the JBL system is negligible in a vehicle unless you are installing a bigger sub and aftermarket amplifier.

People rationalize their own decisions in all sorts of ways… sometimes in ways you’ll agree with and sometimes not. Check it out and decide for yourself.

I wouldn’t be surprised if my gramophone was better than Toyota’s base audio.

1 Like

I wasn’t emotionally attached to it. (I’m actually working on that still. I broke a 17 year love/desire for a Subaru Outback for this car, after a terrible experience working with the Subaru dealership who wanted to charge me $8k above MSRP and wouldn’t go below MSRP and kept trying to pull tricks on me paying wayyyyyy more than anyone should. RAV4 was my next pick based on a multitude of factors between recommendations and test driving against the Honda CR-V). I didn’t get a response until after signing. I talked to Cody who said aim for 1-2k under invoice, and got them to 1300 under before they said “no more”. And someone else said that between 7-9% off MSRP is another goal, and i hit right in the middle at 8.5. Being my first time ever doing anything like this (I’ve in house financed used $6k cars, have always had used cars all my life) this was my very first (and most expensive ever) purchase I’ve made. I guess what I’m looking for is an answer of whether or not with these life variables, if I did good according to the final numbers of the contract, since i did hit the recommended metrics others suggested.