Is this a good deal on a 2020 RAV4 XLE?

Lease deal on a 2020 Toyota RAV4 XLE

Not sure if it’s a good deal or not. Was hoping to get a zero down, but trying to keep my payments ballpark of 300. I live in zip 98502, configuration is with the convenience package and both the cold weather/all weather options.

First off, you should get 7-9% discount, not less than 5%.
Second, the MF is way off. It’s around .00115ish for Rav4, not .00224.

1 Like

I was told that MF is set by Toyota and is non negotiable. I also tried getting more of a discount but they are telling me that due to lack of inventory in western Washington, they won’t sell it to me for less than invoice. And invoice is supposedly about 30k…

Have any negotiation tips? I put a $1k deposit down to secure a model I’m looking for because they don’t have any with a moon roof on the lot and are needing to track one down that they can get in within the next day or two.

MF is set by Toyota, yes. But they are upselling it. That’s for sure. Who in the world pays over 5% on interest on Rav4 lease? Discount on Rav4 should be back to normal now that they got 70% of their inventory back from the COVID-19.

Also, they are saying that the freight charge of 1100 (ball parking that one) is also what’s affecting cost and is non negotiable.

Freight charge is included on MSRP. What are they talking about?

1 Like

This particular dealership is struggling to keep things on lot. (I guess.) Their lot is mostly bare right now. The whole building is 3/4 empty all around it.

You might have picked the wrong dealership. @Cody_Carter

@derekoh1991 and @Cody_Carter

I’m also being guided into setting for a white or dark grey RAV4. However, I’m really wanting the Lunar Rock color scheme. (Preference in light grey interior, but that part doesn’t matter to me), especially since I’m going to be driving it for 3 years… is it reasonable to ask them to have one shipped/transferred, and is there any way either of you might be able to help me locate the nearest one that has the convenience package, and weather stuff (like the all weather kit, cold weather add-in’s) to my zip of 98502 so that I can just go to them and tell them I found one to further increase my chance of getting it?

You need to find a new dealer

4 Likes

What should I be looking for? Because every single dealership I’ve talked to is running similar offers with me. Either I’m not meant to find a car or this is the state of the area I live in.

The best dealership in Washington is SeaTAC

1 Like

Why is that? More inventory or something?

I’m having a hard time understanding the contexts/whys to everything.

Why can one dealership offer a 15-20% discount when another won’t? Why is one dealership unwilling to budge on MSRP but another will? Etc. I don’t get the whole scenario of negotiating or how to properly do it. How does a dealership make money off the car in a lease, especially if they are selling it “at a loss” and even so, is it actually a loss?

Competition mainly. Going to a more competitive market means dealers have to offer better prices to get the sale.

There are multiple income streams on a vehicle… selling price, kick backs from financing, direct to dealer incentives, bonus programs, etc. Generally when a dealer is selling “at a loss”, they’re showing a loss on the selling price, but making money back up via other avenues.

Elderly Mom’s Edge lease is coming due in a coupe weeks. She really want’s a Rav4, and somehow have to negotiate the best deal I can here in the midwest. Would love to point her to something else, but no real alternatives/deals have popped up that I have seen on these small SUV’s. Terrible timing all around. Can someone comment at least which Bank/Captive is currently offering the best numbers on these Rav4’s, TFS, USBank, etc.? A few months ago when I nabbed my Tundra, USBank was the go too on a 12/24. But my gut is telling me, TFS on a 36/12 is probably the way to go. Though I believe TFS doesn’t offer Gap, have to do a bit more research on that.

@XBeatzX @mllcb42 @derekoh1991

Final offer I got them to. Is this s good deal for a first time leader? (I couldn’t get the calculator to do drive off of $2k so I fiddled the numbers. Everything else works out the same.)

I just did 11% discount + $1,500.00 Rebate on Rav4. I don’t know if they could do it in their region.

They wouldn’t budge more than 8.5%. No rebate in WA.

It’s a signed deal at this point. With insurance, comes out to 485 a month. Not sure if i got screwed or not… the trim/color/etc i got was one of 6 left in the region (I was able to independently verify this as well). Lots are getting bare of the RAV4 in the state, and the one i went to was one of the biggest, and they were sitting on little inventory due to COVID impacts. (All of the people working there were saying usually they don’t have problems getting people into whatever car they want, and they have never had to do as many dealership trades as they have been the last couple of months as a result.)

I’m hoping this is at least a fair deal and I didn’t get screwed.

$485 for a Rav4?? Why didn’t you just go for a different SUV?