tax 178.50
state fee 731.50
Net Price 21,510.47
Trade Payoff 24,636.53

Balance 46,147.00
Down Payment 2,500
36 Month $599.00
12,000 miles

My apologies if the information is not enough. Newbie on the website.

For what reason is the honda pilot 12k off?

If you under allow on a trade in enough You can show ANYTHING off msrp

3 Likes

Since selling price isn’t necessarily the factory MSRP, can you. Infirm what the MSRP is?

1 Like

Price with the Honda advantage is 56,000. Dealer discounted 12,000 from that price and the loyalty. The are also paying 2 payments left in my current lease of 386 a month.

Ok got it, $56k with some dealer add on package. What’s the price on the factory window sticker? What’s the trim level in question?

Note, you may want to bring up what the details are on your trade in.

Sounds like the dealer is saying no equity in your trade, in fact negative equity to need to eat 2 payments. But I suspect they’re eating the equity and that’s powering part of the ‘discount’.

1 Like

Window sticker is showing 45,000 plus all the advantage 56,000.

Pilot ex-l 8 passanger

Ok yea. So an EX-L FWD even with extra cost metallic paint is $44,100. Maybe with a bunch of accessories like floor mats et , $45k is not out of the realm.

I’m guessing the majority of that $11k is nonsensical garbage. Meaning you have a heavily inflated price with a phantom discount.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a dealer with that level of ethics is also ganking you on the trade too.

Take a beat, do some research, read leasehacking 101, ascertain the true 3rd party value of your trade (and what is this mystery vehicle again?), shop around to get pricing for other dealers’ Pilots. Heck if it’s a car that is commonly marked up, it may not be a good idea to even get one at all. Maybe look at some of the other 3-row SUVs on the market and shop deals.

6 Likes

11k of add ons on a pilot. Wtf and people fall for it? Op get some quotes on your trade and start reaching out to other dealers.

1 Like

Run far away from anyone who thinks their customers are this stupid.

3 Likes

Thank you so much the money factor is .00233 and a residual of 30,255
The calculator is showing like 7 years in the score. I will try with maybe a Jeep dealer I saw good deals on the forum.

1 Like

Send a dm to @AutoCompanion for jeep or @RevLease for honda

Score doesn’t mean much

4 Likes

customers like that, they are the ones who make sites like this possible

2 Likes

Good input from all above. From what I’ve seen, you want to be shooting for $1-2K off the real MSRP on that thing.

After talking to the sales person this is the calculator based on their number. The forum calculator is not matching by around $50. They are telling me $599 monthly, calculator is showing $553 Monthly. I appreciate your help.

Why does your calculator have 46k MSRP

I’d stop talking to the sales person and listen to the advice above and spend a couple hours reading the forums/lease guide. It’s hard for anyone to accurately help you here when there is a ton of smoke and mirrors behind the numbers you posted.

2 Likes

Just pay a broker whatever their fee is and be done with it. You are the perfect broker customer as to beat a broker deal, you will need to do a lot of learning and work. Judging from where you are starting from, please do yourself the favor and get some help from one of our excellent honda brokers.

1 Like

How many dealers have you spoken to?