Is my phone covered in a crash?

I can’t find a specific answer to this question. Long story short, I was involved in a crash (Other person’s fault) and my phone broke (cracks etc). Will that be covered by the other person’s insurance? It would just save me about $150. Any info helps.

If the other driver had property damage coverage on his auto policy then in theory yes it would be covered. I say in theory because depending on the insurance company, they may not agree with your assessment of who was at fault and/or the value of your phone. They also may drag their feet in paying out the claim, and request you sign a release of all claims including bodily injury so if you were hurt be careful what you sign. This all assumes you don’t live in a “no-fault” auto state. You might be best served just making a claim with your own auto insurer on your own property damage coverage if you want quicker and fair reimbursement and then let your insurance company do all the work in going after the other insurance company for reimbursement.

Thank you for the detailed information. The accident happened at a red light. I was stopped and she came up behind. The phone fell from the stand and it was cracked. We’ll see what they say, I just had no idea of how it would work for phones and I saw mixed answers online. Thanks again!

The responsible party should cover any losses you sustained.

You can cover the cost of your phone but it will be covered indirectly.

Tell the other insurance company that you have been having severe back pains and nightmares since the accident. Go get lots of medical tests to confirm your situation. Settle for no less than 3 times what all of the medical tests cost plus the proportional value of your time. Retain a lawyer if necessary. You should then be able to buy dozens of phones with money left over.

Hence forth, never ever complain about how expensive auto insurance has become !

1 Like

Love it!!! A phone damage…ha…ha

So, you are suggesting that he commits insurance fraud in an open forum that anyone can see?

OP, do not do this. If you ACTUALLY have any pain or issues, get it checked out and hire a personal injury lawyer. Do not fabricate any claims because it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Oh heavens no. Insurance fraud is a crime !

I was just pointing out the system we now have in a light hearted manner. And why you pay as much as you do.

I do not plan on doing that. My passenger and I did whip our deck pretty back and the impact did give us a little back pain. Nothing crazy but I’m sure the other user was just joking!

1 Like