Is leasing even good anymore?

My 2020 BMW M340 Xdrive lease is coming to an end in December of this year. I am not sure what to do. Car has been great. Had a busted windshield because of a rock so I had to replace it, other than that no issues. Car has been running smooth and had a blast.

With the state of the market and all the shortages I am not sure if it’s worth going into a new lease, I feel like if I want to stay in the bmw family the cost of leases these days are just not that great compared to when I leased my car at the end of 2019. I am also way under miles because of Covid I’ve been working remotely so I haven’t been commuting the last few years.

My question to the hackers here. What would you do? Buyout the car? Get a new lease? It seems the best thing to do is to sell the car to Carmax or Carvana or other providers since it has positive equity and then get another lease? Last I checked Carmax was willing to provide 9k over the payoff. I think that’s a good deal…but obviously I’ll need a car and getting hands on a car these days is extremely hard at a decent price.

Does leasing have a future anymore?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Positive equity and replacement options in the current market