Is it true that Broker can get "wholesale" price better than dealer?

From the dealer.

The dealer pays them. One could argue that the money the dealer pays is money that won’t be discounted off your car, but either way, I’m of the mind that a broker deserves to actually make money off their deals.

4 Likes

Will be looking for GLE350 or 450. Will definitely pay attention to the deal page here. I’m OK of paying them for getting a great deal, just not that comfortable of paying “deposit” and “locked” with them without knowing what deal they can get. :slight_smile:

Lol! Very kind of you miss (corrected)

Brokers surely don’t do it out of the goodness of their hearts :slight_smile:

You’re correct. The work has to be paid for one way or another. Just depends on structure.

Gotta put food on the table ( or cars in the garage )

2 Likes

Well, I do feel for brokers who spend time with a client, work up deals and numbers and then have the client just go and take their numbers to someone else and ask them to beat it so they don’t have to pay the broker. That would drive me nuts. I think we can all agree that understanding leasing, finding deals, knowing which dealers to connect with requires a considerate amount of time and attention. So you are paying for that expertise and time saving of not having to learn it all yourself.

However, every broker I’ve ever spoken to that wasn’t from LH had a) an upfront fee and b) totally trash deals. So perhaps the good ones feel confident enough not to need the fee from the customer. or are good enough at hiding it in the deal. Who knows.

1 Like

Make sense. I do hope I can find a broker that really has special relationship with dealers and confident to share their numbers because they know buyer can’t work out the same deal with normal sales person even with the numbers in hand. :slight_smile:

With the right sales manager and circumstances anyone can work a broker or better than broker type deal if they educate themselves. You pay a broker to do the legwork for you and get a straight deal with no gotchas.

3 Likes

Sometimes I think hiring a broker on my last deal was worth just not to have sit in the finance office and get the intense sales pitch on warranties.

I do wonder if it’s harder to work a deep deal when you can only offer your business every 3 years or so vs a broker who could open a steady stream. But people here do it all the time.

1 Like

What I hear from the dealers is that they don’t really like working with brokers. The huge keyes European on van Nuys doesn’t work with brokers. The salesman are upset as they get less deals. I haven’t had an issue beating a brokers deal. Remember there is about $500 extra in the brokers deal.

1 Like

Even if one goes with a broker, does the person not have to spent good amount of time to ensure that broker is getting a good deal? Should a person seek information on LH from experienced fellow users about what kind of recent leases they have acquired on the specific car and then ask broker to get the same deal. Essentially then the time is saved in talking to multiple dealership and going avoiding some bad experiences with salesman/dealerships for a fee of $500 or so that broker charges.

The brokered deals on this site are pretty aggressive because otherwise the broker would get called out. But yes if you were to just call a random broker you never know if they are getting you a good deal. What is there to stop them from baking in a 1k profit that the dealer later sends to the broker.

Happens a ton. Broker will call me and ask. “If i can get them the pay more will you pay me more”. I feel that a lot of brokers that work for “free” aren’t necessarily working in your best interest at all times.

4 Likes

Given how good the broker deals on here are I don’t think I would ever use someone else if I went that route. I tried a broker that was recommended to me last year and his quotes were horrible.

1 Like

I think a lot of people choose brokers for convenience/speed over deep price savings. Also plenty of people chase the car over the deal, myself included.

I was in a situation last month where I had days to get a new car and a LH broker delivered to my doorstep within about 24 hours of finding the model I wanted, solid price and it took me maybe 15 mins to sign the papers and take keys. I had only hours left to return my rental. Couldn’t be happier with the experience. No idea how long it would have taken me to cut through the fat because initial dealer quotes weren’t even close and there’s like 479384838 bmw dealers in SoCal.

I think we can all agree about the common thread in LH worthy deals is they take time and patience. Sometimes those aren’t available.

Like most things, the good ones stick around and the bad ones get filtered out eventually. This community has a high standard that’s for sure.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Broker is perfect for someone that doesn’t have the time or desire to shop around grinding out a deal.

You’re not going to get the absolute rock bottom price from a broker.

Just depends how much one values their time and hates the car buying experience.

Actually the biggest issue I ran into with brokers was asking for quotes and they would never get back to me. Can’t count how many times that happened. Mostly before LH but a few here in some different situations. Call em up, tell them what I was looking for, they said they’d call around and make suggestions and I’d never hear from them again.

I’m guessing the amount of tire kickers and time wasters on their end are enormous though. No big.

I’ve noticed the highly successful LH brokers and dealers are the ones who consistently communicate and ensure they respond to people.

2 Likes

I think i’ll accept the broker challenge one of these days and cook up a deal. (This is becoming an addiction, seriously…)

If a broker can beat my deal by 5% selling price then i’ll split the monthly price difference of the term with them above their fee.

I said that years ago, too, and then realized how little I wanted to handhold people through deals. Don’t underestimate how demanding people get when they don’t understand what they’re doing and are completely reliant on you.

1 Like

I still have a ton to learn about lease hackr worthy deals but feel my 4 years on here has taught me a ton. I have had an addiction now now of calling/emailing/texting/annoying dealers to try and get discounts off MSRP of cars I could have never afforded to lease, the information on here is outstanding. I have done ok for myself but no unicorns yet…Some of the dealers have gotten close to my lofty discount goals. This is where my dealings with brokers comes in, I feel due to their established relationship with dealers and sales agents they have that “in” to get that 3% or 4% more off MSRP that turns an average deal into a hackrworthy deal. I’m currently working with an amazing broker on here on a deal that may becdone today and can’t wait to post his magic for me, stay tuned.

100% agree. I’ve tried to walk a few friends and family members through how a lease is structured and had to just give up.

1 Like