Is it a seller market right now? Prices are crazy and not negoitable?

Wanted to get some insight from you guys. I’m planning to get a chevelet custom trail boss. Whateve price they listed on their website , examnple $45000+tax. and they also mark it up $3K-$5K. This is crazy!! So as far as I’m seeing there is no negioating in prices right? either you buy it or someone will buy it?

Am I right on this?

Inflation is real, my friend.

When everyone is flush, supply gets short.

3 Likes

what do you mean get flush? Is it because the inventory is short? or people just wanted to spend their money now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too much money, not enough inventory makes for a seller’s market.

1 Like

got it!! so the list price on the website is what I should be paying now right? not like the before I can negotiate. So I either buy it or someone will buy it right?

Doesn’t hurt to try for a discount, but this market will test your tenacity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i tried and failed… :slight_smile: they are as solid as a rock. will not move a bit :)… and was laughing at me… hahahahaha

2 Likes

Then it was a shitty dealer.

Move on to another one.

1 Like

That’s exactly right. If you won’t pay the higher prices, someone else will. Thats the greater fools theory at work…And I say LET them pay the higher price. Let the fools pay. It’s not just happening in New cars but also in housing prices all the way down to sport memorabilia, yes every pocket is now filled with inflation. Its being ignored but in reality the collapse in prices should be happening soon. All it takes is one commodity or sector to break and then the dominoe effect will happen.

3 Likes

Trucks are not fun to shop for right now in Socal

Most are MSRP+ and regular customers are paying it

1 Like

it’s supply-shock inflation in some sectors. with the latest bad jobs report, we’re still at risk of deflation overall. note the fed still has the money printers going full blast.

They have no choice. They have to monetize the deficits. Regardless if it’s inflation or deflation this will all end very badly.

2 Likes

Worse. Stagflation.

2 Likes

Any prediction when this will happen? when will we see the downfall of this? this year or next year? anyone?

Not a single living person knows :man_shrugging:t2:

There are lots of theories, but effectively when there is less demand or more supply.

4 Likes

Just had a Toyota dealer tell me a base model RAV4 which retails at 27k on the website was 30k
Asked me if I wanted to make an appointment I said don’t bother
Mazda also quoted me at $440 a month on a CX-5 Touring 31k
Just walked out
It’s bad out there

1 Like

I know… its really bad… its bad if you really need a car right now. You have no choice but accept this is reality and you either get it or someone will will get it. This thing is going to blow up soon. The housing market is crazy!! especially with RV’s. No deal what so ever. you take it you take it.

I know there is a shortage, but last week I was on the road for 18 hrs and drove by tons of dealers, with full lots and no customers.
Same thing locally, all dealers in my area have full lots so I don’t see the shortage even though I know it exists.

What part of the country are you located?

1 Like

NJ, but I drove to NC and back last week and noticed every dealer I passed, with full lots and no customers. The lots may be holding the cars in them, and I understand why there wouldn’t be any customers, idk I would only go to a dealer to pick up a car or drop one off. All of these things happening with prices right now are not sustainable, something is gonna crash.