Is it a good time to get a lease? NO! When will it get better? Nobody knows

We are currently at knee slapping, baby crying, toddler entertaining on airplane bad.

MSRP on a Sienna. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:. Just got into my new ride and I’m only paying a quarter of an arm and half of a single leg!

Which exactly do you think? I’m still thinking about c43 because I don’t really like 2022 than I can pay msrp now or never buy it :joy: difficult decisions

tHeReS nO InvEntOry SHorTagE

Lot’s looking abandoned atm…

3 Likes

Father in law got one of those gift card offers in the mail… for $10.

He used to do it all the time back in the day for $75 and more.

2 Likes

After the great recession, I remembered seeing $25 gift card, but the economy was in pretty bad shape.

I don’t know if Mid March was a lot different but I did pretty well on a 2021 750 in Northern CA. Salesman told me after deal they gave me all the trunk money. 118k msrp, 26k off with my incentives and only slightly marked up MF. No ccr ~$950 for 36/10…can’t remember exact but >10 score. Based on this thread I think I stole it.

On flip side wife XT5 lease ended and trying to replace that has been terrible. But…same Bmw dealer said he could do 10% off x3, again that was March. Cadillac dealers? Argh!

When is the BEST time for Lease a MB?
Since it was shortage time, should I wait until 2021 Labor day?
Anyone knows? Thank you

1 Like

Ford has decided to allow their vehicles to work remotely for the foreseeable future…

6 Likes

You will lose most of it. I can almost guarantee that used car prices will drop an easy 20-30% in a month once news of the chip shortage is stabilizing and factories are once again rolling out new cars faster than people can buy them. The trajectory of used car prices will be unsustainable at the rate they are moving at. No way no how will this last longer than some think it will. It’s great we have equity in our vehicles but grabbing a new lease or car purchase now is just not in favor unless some how you find a car you don’t mind driving for a few years with some crazy incentives and or discounts then go for it. Or if you have 3 cars and need only 1 or 2 then now is the absolute best time to let it go.

The difference between the pessimist and optimist:

Pessimist, gloomily: It can’t possibly get any worse, sigh :frowning:
Optimist, all cheerful: Of course it can, just you wait! :slight_smile:

I like the parking at ridiculous angles to make it look less depressing, but they should really pull every service loaner and such up front to make it look better. Or just park everything at wider intervals, unless they are using this as a marketing thing - look there is like 1 truck left and the guy is coming for it in 10 minutes, sign now, NOW!!!

1 Like

Best time is as long as you are able to wait.

1 Like

I’m hoping this is a master troll, but in case it isn’t… That’s the whole point of this thread. Nobody knows.

3 Likes

Would this be a good time to start floating an idea that SOMEONE knows, and is manipulating everything to promote some new world order agenda, or we are not just there yet in the thread? :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 months ago.

3 Likes

I would take my time machine back to when they still offered loyalty.

1 Like

NJ…Its hard to get a good lease deal…I know it would be just a guess BUT if you were to guess…When will we have more inventory and better deals?

I have a lease up in August…Wondering if it is worth it to extend lease for 1-3 months and wait for 2022 models.

Next year at least

2 Likes

We need to have a canned response sticky. Can’t believe how many new threads with the same question we get every day.

9 Likes

I just extended my F150 lease. Considered buying it out and might still go that route but no one is touching a sub 300 a month payment on a truck currently (maybe a Tacoma if you can find one) I’m good through the end of the year now and they have told me I can get another 6 months due to ordering a new truck. Not sure with other manufacturers but ford you can turn it in at any point so that gives some flexibility month to month if anything comes up.