Is dealer playing games, said car was in stock, now not, trading in using Equity in my Toyota Lease

Go over to Toyota of Massapequa and lease your Highlander there through Bethpage FCU. 39mo is the best deal right now. 700+ is a 0.00150 and our RVs get you the best payment in that market. Look like they only currently have hybrids in stock though.

1 Like

The closest I have is Prestige Toyota of Ramsey just north of Union County. They are signed with Bethpage FCU and Visions FCU.

Or Toyota of Hackensack is signed with Visions FCU.

Visions current rates are 0.00010 lower than Bethpage’s.

Saturday… the day before Father’s Day

1 Like

Thank you. Any other options? I can go to Suffolk also 11746

How is the lease return process with the Credit Unions? Someone was trying to talk me out of it saying they ding you when you return for normal wear and tear. I have no experience leasing with non captive financers

CULA has a $1k wear and tear waiver on every lease that can be used on bald tires. Inspections are done by a 3rd party (like just about every lessor) and we have a standardized rubrick to assess amounts on specific types and sizes of damage. About 85% of our leases terminate with no wear and tear bills. You would be responsible for any wear and tear above $1k.

I think we have one of, if not the most consumer-friendly lease programs on the market.

The other competitor (GrooveCar/CU Xpress) that runs leases through CUs in a couple markets is known for having higher wear and tear charges than us. I’m guessing that whoever tried talking you out of the credit union lease was referring to our competitor’s program.

2 Likes

Went to that Toyota dealership, some young kid without going to the manager quoted me $5000 over MSRP for a Highlander?! I asked him how much it would be to pay cash or finance. Walked out immediately and thanked him for wasting my time (he had already wasted it, when I asked how much to finance he would not give me a straight answer, told me that it depended on FICO, when I said that was not a concern he kept going on about it! I told him at that point to stop wasting my time and tell me the sales price). They only had one that had the seating I needed. Went to a large Automall type place after that, they also only had one with the seating I needed. Dealership was empty of customers, in contrast to last week (end of month) where I waited 20 minutes to talk to a Honda salesman and ended up talking to the salemanager instead.

I also went to another Toyota dealership, they also only had one. The kid that I dealt with there did not know when more were coming. They were only charging MSRP minus the rebate and any loyalty, seemed like a bargain!

Sorry you had a bad experience. I and every other longtime reader on here will advise you not to step foot into a dealership until you know they have the car you are looking for and you can pre-negotiate your selling price/lease deal in advance. Doing this would’ve saved you some brain damage and a few hours.

2 Likes

Normally I would but they are really not responding to emails right now because there are no cars. I negotiated my current lease entirely by email and that was before I found Leasehackr.

As for the dealer I signed with, just got off the phone with the saleperson (for whom I am a repeat customer). He strung me along for a week. Now they are saying that they will not have any inventory for at least 6 weeks and they do not even have any Highlanders available. So annoyed because a competitor had 2 available last Friday configured the way I wanted (met the person who bought one). I realize should not have waited until Saturday to walk into that dealership. Meanwhile I signed a deal last Thursday

Any suggestions for an 8 seater or possibly 7 that has inventory? Pathfinder is out, no inventory and it does not configure the way I want. Pilot might be ok but I really do not want one and the prices went up locally since last month

Are you against a minivan?

Yes and no. I am a little beyond that stage, my kids are older and drive themselves but I have a lot of them plus dogs. I love the new Sienna but I am sure there is not a lot of inventory. I drove the Pacifica cross country in June 2020 to get a college graduate home, did a one way rental. It was a stormy night and the car shook a lot on the highway so do not want that one. Have never experienced that with my minivans or the highlander

I would consider an American car as long as it is a lease and not a purchase

Why not just wait it out at this point? The 2022’s are on the way. While the overall market “shortage” is not going away, there should be plenty of Highlanders on the dealer lots in the fall.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.