Is anyone getting Cadillac XT5's for under MSRP?

Hey, we just got back from a Cadillac dealer and frustrated is an understatement. First, I found it mind boggling that they told me, every new car that comes in is put right into the loaner department and used as loaners. They then gave me numbers for a 2021 xt5 that was a loaner for around $740 a month with $1k down THAT HAS 7K MILES ON IT. They have a new 2022 on the way in that would be around $750 a month with $2500 down. They are selling at exactly MSRP with $2500 in rebates that I Qualify for. I know about the shortages and everything else, but was not expecting a $750 payment for a $55k car… Is anyone getting below MSRP now on caddy’s?? Specifically XT5? Thanks. any help is appreciated.

1 Like

You’re going to have to scour the entire USA to find a lot that has some units on it, and be willing to travel. I had my ATS in for service recently, at the largest Cadillac store in my area. They didn’t have a single new car on the lot and had sold all of their loaners, so I didn’t even have a loaner to get into. GM would reimburse me 45/day for a loaner, but the rental agencies didn’t have any cars either, so they were giving out shitbox Versas for 89/day. Needless to say, I decided to just stay, drink some shitty coffee and eat some stale donuts for a couple hours.

Likewise, there aren’t many incentives available due to supply/demand, so the lease, if you can find a car below MSRP, is still going to suck.

For reference, my last XT5 lease for my wife was 300/mo back in 2018. The same car today would be 700/mo. Needless to say, we went elsewhere.

if you’re looking for a 500/mo payment, you’re going to need way too much discount to make that happen with current programs, and I guarantee you, you’re wasting your time.

6 Likes

What payment should you be getting for an at MSRP deal?

1 Like

I’m currently waiting for the MF and residual to see what numbers I get. I don’t have that info, nor did I ask what they were using cause I was in shock. :slight_smile:

thanks mp. I guess I should go higher on my expectations. but I still can’t see me paying $735 a month with 2500 down… I may just buy out my c300 with equity and keep it for a while…

The xt5 isn’t worth an effective 755-760/mo. If you want it that bad, buy it. Personally, I’d look elsewhere or keep what you have, as GM historically doesn’t have good resale values, so you’re likely to be in the hole once the used market stabilizes.

2 Likes

One should never talk numbers with a dealer without already knowing the answer.

2 Likes

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

It will be like pushing a boulder uphill while pulling teeth, and you’ll still probably have a bad deal in the end. You need to start your search by filtering only the vehicles that are leasing well right now and offer good value per dollar.

Check out the “Share a Deal” and “Marketplace” sections of LH forums to decide what’s leasing well and pick a vehicle that is already proven to offer good value.

Remember, there are no magic wands that can save a deal from poor programs (RV, MF, and incentives) and/or poor discounts.

1 Like

hey max, I dare you to try to talk that logic to my wife, that wants what she wants and I have to try to make it work… Nice knowing you… LMAO. I appreciate the info though. :slight_smile:

I have to try to make a XT5 or Lincoln Nautilus work in todays shit market…

1 Like

I know, her lease is up in 1 more payment. I wasn’t expecting to go today to look…

Going and test driving cars does not require you to talk numbers.

2 Likes

Maybe have that conversation? Like is a XT5 really worth $800+ effectively to the both of you?

She knows what she wants… if the above doesn’t work, and if you’re currently okay in your current vehicle, maybe considering ordering one? You may be able to get a discount, and the Nautilus might hold its value better than a GM.

1 Like

not to me, but happy wife, happy life. she makes good money and works hard for it, so I won’t stop her decision, but will def tell her the truth too. We’ll see. I got a lot of good info/advise with this post so far though. I appreciate it a lot!!

1 Like

XT5s are very hard to come by right now w/ many dealerships completely sold out of them. GM Financial will let you extend your lease on a monthly basis up to 6 months. You don’t even have to call them, just keep the car and make your payment as usual.

1 Like

She’s currently in a MB C300. I think MB will do that as well, but it won’t make a difference. This shortage will last way beyond 6 months. I think her only 2 options are buy out the MB cause there’s def about 5-6k equity in it, or lease high.

Or just get less car in the interim. If she’s stuck on having a luxury badge, then yes, these are your only 2 options.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me. I asked for a loaner at my Cadillac dealer and they basically laughed me out of service. The XT5 did had the most availability/best deal in the Cadillac family back ‘in the day’ 2018/19.

I too had some shitty coffee out of a styrofoam cup. and waited. That said because it was so dead at the dealership, my XT4 was in and out quick.

MBFS will only extend lease for 2 months if you ask. If you want more than that, then you will have to order another MB and have a Purchase Order for a vehicle - they will then extend to when the vehicle is delivered.

1 Like

Why not buy it out and drive it another year?

1 Like