IONIQ5 Lease numbers

Can you link to where it says this? Many dealers asked me whether I owned a Hyundai when I asked them specifically for a Limited lease.

never mind i think Iā€™m wrong. Was on mobile and itā€™s hard (impossible?) to switch to the limited trim on the hyundai incentives page.

Are you saying that Hyundai of Gilroy gives $3K discounts off MSRP and does not try to jack up the MF on leases? They have so many I5/I6!
Edit: their reviews on Yelp are awfulā€¦

I was talking about their discounts off MSRP, but yea not great reviews. You never know though, might be able to make the deal.

Agreed with @Entropy some Bay Area Hyundai dealers are worse. They do not deal on phone calls or emails, had one of the worst experiences while helping a friend recently (not on I5/6).

Less to no discounts, jacked up MF and being rude when asked for a number we are looking for. Had to listen to a lecture from a Manager about how numbers work in a lease after belittling us.

Lesson learnt!

2 Likes

I test drove an I6 RWD SEL at Capitol Hyundai with no intention to buy on that day (which I clearly told the sales guy) and they offered me $3K off MSRP without me asking. The lease numbers did not look inflated either.

Capitol Hyundai gave me inflated numbers on a limited and said that they were the best numbers anyone could give. The payment was $770 a month iirc with minimal das. Donā€™t get me started on some of the other dealers. They have a crap ton sitting on the lots and forget about discounts, they wouldnā€™t even give you a quote over the phone. Bay Area is big and Iā€™m not about to make a 120 mile roundtrip without seeing the numbers first.

Stevens Creek Kia blew me off within 5 minutes when I wanted to negotiate the price on an EV6 in person at the dealership saying ā€œthe numbers are what they areā€. They have 25 cars listed on their site being on the lot and in transit.

Capitol Kia gave me $875 a month on a EV6 GT-Line RWD but I didnā€™t do my research beforehand so I didnā€™t try negotiating and left.

There do appear to be more I5 around here than EV6s so itā€™s probably going to be easier to negotiate on I5s.

So people always ask why use a broker if you can do it yourself.

Itā€™s these kind of scenarios that reveal why.

Brokers work with dealers who are motivated to sell unitsā€¦ dealer work with brokers on the assumption that the buyers they bring in are vetted, prequalified and there is no haggling therefore less work.

Like most people here, you see a brokerā€™s numbers, go to different local dealers and see if they can get you the same dealā€¦ sometimes you get luckyā€¦ most times you strike out.

I had one dealer warn me that non-Hyundai leases are horrible and have a bunch of hidden stuffā€¦ after I sent them my closed deal, they did not respond.

Unless I have an existing relationship with a dealer, Iā€™d rather just shortcut it and use a brokerā€¦ but many LHers love the hackā€¦ so to each their own.

3 Likes

FTFY.

Hyundai/Kia dealers are just the worst.

2 Likes

100%. I would gladly pay a brokers fee to not have to deal with a car salesperson that completely denies the existence of the internet. However, there are some brands where there are no brokers for in the region. I had to hack the last two leases for my wifeā€™s Acura MDX in SoCal using edmunds and aronchiā€™s numbers from the east coast because no brokers worked with any Acura dealers. I think Omega now does Acura, but my wife has been adamant about keeping her car.

1 Like

I donā€™t have anything against going with a broker and I did talk to @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto for deals on IONIQ 5 but the best deals he had were on the mid trim levels and I am trying to get a top trim one. @dealguy was able to negotiate a pretty good deal for a limited so it is possible but tougher to find. I think LH threads like this help narrow down where to look though.

I have straight forward low pricing on Limited also its just the incentives are a lot worse on them vs SEL

If youā€™re looking for the Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, then you can get 4k off MSRP. I havenā€™t seen anyone but one of the brokers doing 5k off msrp and shipping to west coast means that the discount is basically reduced.

Chasing for Ioniq 6 for my close friend.
Found the dealer with the following offers.
@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto do You know if that $5k can be applied to lease transaction as a dealer discount?
TIA

Thats not a special offer, thats just the purchase rebate for August. You cant stack the $5000 on top of the $7500 lease cash

3 Likes

Missed the letter ā€œtā€. Sorrry LOL

Iā€™m definitely not going into any dealership before working out a deal. Capitol Hyundai spent 45 minutes trying to match the online lease offer THEY advertised. Even then there were unspecified taxes and fees in the monthly payment that was over my areaā€™s sales tax. Sighā€¦ When I asked them to take an additional $2K off they basically asked me to leave.

Lesson learnt. Only going to work with brokers and dealers who are willing to negotiate online and in writing.

2 Likes

I feel the same way, the dealers are so stuck on the old school come in for a test drive and letā€™s talk. How about no, not sure if Iā€™m alone on this but I donā€™t want to spend half the day at a dealer.

Honestly the best car purchase I ever had was during the heart of Covid. October 2020. In and out driving the car home in 1 hour.

4 Likes

In addition to the waste of time, Iā€™m just tired of their inflated numbers and failing to honor what they advertise.

2 Likes