IONIQ5 Lease numbers

I signed the SEL AWD lease one week ago for 24/12K with monthly payment of $439+tax. I’m not in CA to take advantage of low monthly cost deals. However, the dealers refused to do the one pay lease though they did it for buy rate MF.

Can we transfer these to one pay leaases by working direclty with HMF?

Something tells me it cant but thought of checking if the dealers misguide buyers from using this one pay lease HMF offers, why cant we deal with HMF directly.

Nope. Lease structures cannot be changed after the fact.

Due to state franchise laws, dealers sell cars not banks. (obviously DTC manufacturers like Tesla and other EV makers are different; they never had dealerships with franchise contracts in the first place).

There is no Hyundai in America that can be sold or leased to you directly by HMF.

2 Likes

my point was that we often see folks managing to get decent deals (the site name checks out here) just by working with dealerships on leases. but you never see that when a trade in is involved. its almost as if, the dealerships go full on crazy once they see a trade in

Deal checks are not necessarily representative of what ultimately gets signed.

You think all the experienced people here and new users smart enough to adopt the good advice given out here are all getting destroyed on their trades?

Ultimately trades are no different to any other part of the process: knowing your target, making offers, being proactive, searching far and wide (within reason), etc etc.

i understand. see my above comment. what i meant is, once a trade is involved, the first deal check from a newish user and a dealer is almost always not just a bad deal, but an extremely bad deal! if no trade in, you sometimes run into great deal checks from the get go; even from newish users

You aren’t wrong. :slight_smile:

But in arms-length commercial transactions, the parties are by definition adversarial.

You can either arm yourself with knowledge and do the required research, or you can take your chances.

This is why we breathlessly encourage people to solicit multiple offers to determine the value of their car in advance, which takes just minutes.

This takes more effort than many want to expend, but that’s a conscious choice. It doesn’t make the other party a criminal for acting in their own self interest, which all of us do all day, every day.

2 Likes

There’s a wide spectrum of people getting destroyed and people looking out for themselves.

On one end you have people who don’t do any research, let alone sign up for LHF and ask for a deal check. They walk into the nearest dealership and ask how much cash they need to put down, on top of their trade / lease return, to hit their psychological monthly payments target.

The scenario you describe isn’t an outlier, it’s just another point on that continuum.

Anyone have an official resource that explains Hyundai 1 pay option?

I did a one pay lease last week. What do you want to know that I can share with you?

Just something I can point a salesperson to when they ask “can you show me something that says this”. Maybe it’s a waste of time and they are just playing games, but given the MF discount on Hyundai 1 pays is a pretty new thing (I think) they might genuinely not know about it.

Could you post which dealership you got your deal from? I’m in Bay Area too but I’m not finding anything close to what you were able to get. I’m sure near the end of the month the deals will get better so I might need to wait. But it would help to know which dealerships are worth talking to.

What trim do you want, and what terms? I’m also looking and can tell you where NOT to go. Bay Area morons have them sitting on the lot and say they can’t deal over the phone and that they need you in person, while another dealership a hundred miles away gives a bigger discount without addons listed on the website.

Limited RWD 24/10k. Though I think I like the EV6 GT-Line better but the lease deals on that are even more ridiculous. Both are very similar cars so if I get a great deal on an IONIQ 5, I’ll go with it. I have a Hyundai now, but it doesn’t seem like any loyalty incentives currently exist.

There is a $2,500 loyalty rebate for the Ioniq

Not on the limited.

can you share which dealer has bigger discount? I am in Nor-cal but ok with a hundred miles away to pick up

No one in Nor-cal. Some do have an ok MSRP discount, but the MF is jacked up, with addons, or both. Hyundai of Gilroy was good and Norm Reeves Hyundai.

Can you link to where it says this? Many dealers asked me whether I owned a Hyundai when I asked them specifically for a Limited lease.

never mind i think I’m wrong. Was on mobile and it’s hard (impossible?) to switch to the limited trim on the hyundai incentives page.

Are you saying that Hyundai of Gilroy gives $3K discounts off MSRP and does not try to jack up the MF on leases? They have so many I5/I6!
Edit: their reviews on Yelp are awful…