Ioniq 5 Leasing as a backdoor into the EV tax credit

Someone on Reddit said they started offering $7500 rebate on Ioniq 5

1 Like

That’s what this picture says

Special Lease

Effective February 18, 2023 - February 28, 2023

EXTREMELY LIMITED INVENTORY AVAILABLE. MODEL SHOWN PRICED HIGHER. Excludes taxes, title and license. Lease a 2023 IONIQ 5 SE Automatic Transmission RWD(50412REZ) for $539 per month for 39 months with $3,999 due at lease signing (lease offer shown includes application of $7,500 EV Lease Bonus). Excludes registration, tax, title and license. Closed end lease for 2023 IONIQ 5 SE Automatic Transmission RWD(50412REZ) available from 2/18/2023 and 2/28/2023, to well-qualified lessees approved by Hyundai Motor Finance. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. Offer shown based on $3,999 due at lease signing (includes $539 first payment and $3,460 capitalized cost reduction). No security deposit required. MSRP $46,835 (includes destination, excludes tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Includes application of $7,500 EV Lease Bonus resulting in a net capitalized cost of $36,525. Net capitalized cost includes $650 acquisition fee. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Total monthly payments $21,021. Option to purchase at lease end $22,949. Lessee is responsible for third-party fees. Third-party fees vary by state or locality. Lessee is also responsible for insurance, maintenance, repairs, $.20 per mile over 10,000 miles/year, excess wear, and a $400 disposition fee. Disposition fee of $400 applies in all states except in CO, IN, IA, KS, ME, OK, SC, WI, WV, and WY, where disposition fee is subject to state law limitations. CO, IA, KS, ME, OK, WV, and WY: The amount of 2 times the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less. IN and SC: The amount of 3 times the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less. WI: The amount of the base monthly lease payment or $400, whichever is less. Must take new retail delivery on vehicle from dealer stock by 2/28/2023. Special Retail Balloon offer also available in the states of AL, AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TN, TX.

1 Like

Excellent! I financed on 2/16/23. At that time the lease package for 36/10 was $2750 lease cash, 0.00252 MF, 55% RV.

According to Edmunds, tHe new package is:
LEASE
.00321 MF and 50% RV
$7500 lease cash
FINANCE
4.90% APR 60 months
5.90% APR 72 months

1 Like

Does Hyundai have single pay leases?

I’ve had an Limited on order since I declined my first one in Jan 2022. I was offered three recently (under two week ago) but declined all of them because I didn’t want a black one but with the lease cap reduction… who cares about color as I can wrap it lol.

Do they still allow us to buyout the vehicle immediately
after leasing it?

thought it might be smart to tie these two threads together:

now we need to see what kind of deals they offer for march. id definitely be interested in a decent deal on a limited trim. the SE is a little too devoid of features for my tastes.

any broker on this site is offering decent Hyundai Ioniq 5 right now for folks who want to lease and buy it out right afterwards?

1 Like

If you are in California Im starting to go under MSRP on them

2 Likes

unfortunately I am at east coast around PA/NJ area.

PM me if you’re serious about buying. I can forward you my contact in NJ.

Maybe @Jrouleau426 has some numbers on Ioniq5 for your region, I know Ive seen him do lots of EV6

problem isn’t just the pricing at this point. the lease numbers are atrocious.

1 Like

It isn’t a problem to the poster who wants to buy it out. Unless the RV was moved to factor in the $7500, then it’s useless.

1 Like

Yeah Kia just leases terrible. I’m sure I can get one though OP

1 Like

The RV was increased today. How does that change anything if you are just going to buyout?

1 Like

Well, now that I look at it, it doesn’t really have much of an affect on buyer.

If I want to lease and buy the car in a month in order to get the 7,500 credit, which part in the lease agreement should I focus my efforts on?

Are you asking which part of the lease contract you need to read to verify that there won’t be any gotchas with an early buyout or are you asking how to maximize the value of the lease by optimizing a particularly number at the expense of others?

I think the second one, since I believe that except for Tesla you can always have an early buyout, but which part in the agreement determines the payoff of the buyout?