2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Order from one of the brokers on the east coast with 5% off. Shipping will be $500-$700. Problem solved.

2 Likes

KIA and Hyundai dealers are probably the worst in the industry. I think it’s one of the main reasons why the brand doesn’t do as well as it can.

1 Like

Might have to go that route. I’ve never used a broker before, but I assume there are some decent ones here in the Marketplace?

I can get you 5% off and I have some in transit/about to be in transit.

2 Likes

I would add Nissan dealers to that club LOL

3 Likes

Somebody on the Ioniq 5 forums posted the early lease buyout rules for HMF. It looks like the buyout amount is adjusted cap cost minus deprecation + rent charges paid. So you save $7500 minus lease fees if you buyout.

A member thought you’d be charged the full amount of the lease (all payments with unearned rent charges) but this reads that is not true. Am I reading this correctly?

3 Likes

Yes, that would confirm unearned rent charge is not due.

1 Like

Well then getting Hyundai Ioniq 5 is a good deal no matter what the MF and RV is.

Just get the $7500 off the price and then buy it out?

2 Likes

BMW has updated the language on the i4 eDrive35 lease offer to extend to 4/2/2023. It still has the $7,500 offer attached. Still doesn’t appear to apply to the i4 eDrive40 or M50 models, confusingly. It makes for a ~$300/month leasing difference between the eDrive35 and eDrive40, which are models with less than a 10% difference in MSRP. Strange.

This is big. Thanks for sharing this. Need to text my wife we’re getting a new car.

1 Like

Polestar numbers for March/April have been released, and it seems like an improvement vs. February at first glance?

1 Like

Seems like it has really high MF and low RV. They do offer one pay option I think, but don’t know how much it reduces MF by. No way to find out without ordering.

Edit: I guess the MF may have actually gotten much better from what it currently show in ratefindr. May be RV went up too.

1 Like

I think it makes perfect sense if you consider the context of the full lineup

eDrive35
Range: 260mi
0-60: 5.8 sec
Price: $44,500 (inc. $7500 credit)

eDrive40
Range: 301mi
0-60: 5.5 sec
Price: $57,100

M50
Range: 271mi
0-60: 3.7 sec
Price: $68,700

This is BMW’s backdoor way of creating separation between their trims

4 Likes

Fair point. The additional difference is the battery packs between the eDrive35 and eDrive40, giving the 40 a much more attractive charging curve and peak charging rate (and range, as you pointed out). If they were to extend the $7500 lease credit to the 40, it would be a pretty compelling offer. Alas, that does not seem likely.

Just got an email from Ford.
Not planning to get any ford in near future. Not transferable

1 Like

Update: It looks like updated March numbers are available on the IONIQ 5, and HMF increased the RV on almost all trim levels, but then marked up the MF to essentially negate the effect. Still doesn’t lease well, even with the $7,500 lease credit. Cheapest lease I was able to price out is roughly $700/month for the SE and $750 for the SEL RWD models.

Hyundai dealers are going to be swimming in inventory until they start coming up with more competitive lease deals on them. For $700/month, leasing a BMW vs. a Hyundai is a pretty easy call.

5 Likes

Hyundai (and their dealers) seems to think their EVs are made of lithium. :slight_smile:

They don’t qualify for the credit on purchases and while they can incentivize on a lease they really don’t.

That Motor Trend award must make them proud.

1 Like

Do you know if Kia is doing the $7,500 credit with the EV6?

Whoa, does the fine print actually say the Select and Calif Rte 1 are NOT eligible ?
Does that mean the Premium and GT are eligible ?
Can it stack with a PCO ?

Good question