Introducing Leasehackr Pre-Negotiated Deals

Tbh I don’t think it would even be bad if you did replace marketplace with PND and charged a fee to all the brokers / dealers on here. They’ve pretty much taken over this forum the past few years. Kind of annoying how most posts turn into “look at marketplace or talk to this broker” instead of people learning to make deals themselves. Marketplace is a bit of a mess and some brokers post pretty deceptive prices (ie post monthly with all incentives, no tax etc.etc. to look cheaper than another broker even though it’s the same deal). So it would be nice for the section to be replaced by something that is much more organized and straight forward with how all pricing should be laid out.

Anyways not attacking all brokers as some have been very helpful providing info for us forum users that self shop. But ya…

5 Likes

How do you suggest we advertise tax in our pricing? Considering every state is different. That’s not misleading that’s just people not reading the ad.

1 Like

That would be another clarification that the admins have to make sure.

On top of that, in places like NY and CA, tax rates vary within the state.

5 Likes

Pa as well. Philly and pitt is 11% rest of the state is 9%

While I do agree that the posts should have +Tax + DMV, I think there should be some standardization to put everyone on the same playing field.

List the sales price + payment with only the incentives EVERYONE qualifies for + Tax and DMV, which would be variables. List the potential incentives one MAY qualify for (Conquest, loyalty, etc…) as optional that can be added into the deal to make it better.

That way, there’s transparency, and everyone can see who truly has the “better” deal.

Right now, Broker A might include conquest or loyalty in their price, which someone doesn’t necessarily qualify for, however their monthly payment looks better. Broker B doesn’t add conquest or loyalty, their payment looks higher, but it might actually be the better deal.

Pgh proper is 10% (Allegheny county). All other counties surrounding Pgh is 9%

7 Likes

OH tax is different in each county as well.

2 Likes

Thanks to all who inquired about participating in PND.

The current PND placement is a trial run to gauge feedback and feasibility, and we’re still working out the details, learning along the way. The original announcement on this thread was intended more for a general audience. We’ll separately reach out to dealers and brokers in the beginning of the new year with more details on how to participate, including answers to the more technical or procedural questions that folks have raised here.

4 Likes

This a great idea and anything that increases transparency and openness into car buying should be encouraged.

This will also raise the bar for some of the lower effort brokers who do not add as much value. I have no doubt the brokers who do it right will continue to thrive on LH.

4 Likes

It would be nice to include a calculator link like every other good/transparent deal that is on this site…

Like the ones linked in the offer?

1 Like

So I can take these PNDs and send them to other dealerships to beat. I am gonna hack so good.

5 Likes

Chammmmmpppiiioooonnn status. Thanks for that link. And heres to me thinking I read that whole blog post.

if I pull doc fee and acq fee out of my deals then all my prices look $50+ a month cheaper. I feel like that should be included in the advertised price as they’re set numbers.

4 Likes

The PNDS do not list mileage available (is it 7.5k or 10k or 12k a year?) nor msrp (Is it 44k base Q5 or 65 k “fully loaded” one)?

There is literally a picture of the window sticker on the deal page. And mileage is clearly listed.

2 Likes

More so advertise that Tax is not included. There’s just a lot of variation in how people do their ads on marketplace and obviously some of it is purposely misleading to look cheaper than the next guy etc. Not just focusing tax which obviously is hard to include in pricing.

That would not work in TX, VA, or MD

Hello was wondering if anyone knew about the new program and if any pre-negotiated deals will be posted for Los Angeles area anytime soon? Thanks!

It’s just premium ad space for brokers. All you have to do is go into the marketplace and use the so cal tag, there are tons of dealers/brokers who operate in your area.

2 Likes