Internet manager here. Ask me anything!

These are all fair points. But I’m not ordering a TTS in pink leopard print paint. It’s a prem plus S4 in Daytona gray with black interior, carbon inserts and cold weather package. This is Chicago. I don’t think they would have ANY trouble selling that, whether it’s on special order or in inventory. The dealers keep telling me that the low-optioned cars are hardest to sell. But every time I find a low-option S4 in dealer inventory, it is one of the first ones to go. What do the dealers have left in inventory right now? A bunch of S4s loaded to the gills. My problem is I need the cold weather package, and less than 5% of the S4s have it. And those that do are either prestige or loaded premium plus.

I thought orders got added to inventory when they came in with Audi, even if spoken for - maybe that’s why you see them go so fast? @IvanAudi am I making that up?

Dealerships get allocation every month and you use that allocation for a custom order

At least in Socal, base and mid trim models sell the best versus fully loaded ones.

2 Likes

The problem with this for the average consumer is benchmarking. They have no frame of reference of what a good deal looks like.

If someone published a monthly guide of target numbers for different makes and models, the average consumer can better gauge what a good deal looks like.

Trustworthy brokers come in to close that gap. They have a better idea of what those target numbers look like and can pass on the numbers that they think are good deals.

With little to no knowledge, a consumer might be willing to pay $300/mo for a car but, they could be paying $250. The fact that a consumer thinks a fair price is $300/mo, doesn’t mean that there isn’t a fair deal to be had at $250.

4 Likes

Speaking of phone calls, how many calls does ac sales guy make during a day? And how many people actually pick up the phone?

Lord knows I’ve ignored my fair share of dealer calls lol

I was told by a sales rep that Rebates are used towards down payment and drive off and not off the selling price. Am I being lied to? Here is the actual quote from the sales rep:

“What I have seen with a lot of OC dealers quotes is that they take rebate dollars amounts off of selling prices to make the deal look more intriguing and drastically discounted which in reality, that is not the case. Rebates are used towards your down and drive off,not off the selling price.”

It can be applied either way. But A lot of times we apply to to drive offs so you don’t have to put any drive offs and can roll with $0 down $0 drive off. But you could do either way

But by taking it off from sales price, isnt it favourable to customer that he/she doesn’t have to pay taxes on those rebates?

You don’t take it off the sales price, you apply it as a cap cost reduction. You’ll pay tax on the rebate in either situation.

1 Like

I’ve seen it as…
MSRP - discounts (including rebates) = selling price
In above scenario rebates aren’t taxed… At least they weren’t taxed for my s90 in April.

I think the S90 has some dealer cash/allowance, which is treated differently than customer rebates. A-plan rebate is a customer rebate, so that was taxed right?

A plan was treated as discount… So that wasn’t taxed is my understanding.

Here is the worksheet.

Wow, that’s good. I don’t think most other manufacturers treat their incentives that way.

I think my A plan was taxed.

My Aplan was taxed on my S90 in Dec/Jan.

Isn’t it on a state-by-state basis? Some states tax incentives, some don’t?

2 Likes

When dealers quote the Truecar price, are lease incentives included in that quote?

@IvanAudi

What’s your best profit sale or seen in the dealership and what’s the worst

Truecar pricing defaults to purchase rebates

1 Like

Is acq fee typically negotiable to some degree?
Had an instance where the sales mgr waived it completely to lower cap cost (rather than budge on sale price).
It was definitely not added to the drive off nor rolled into the monthly.