Insurance recommendation in Florida

Had Metromille in California. Looking for something as cheap. Thank you!

In Florida there’s no such thing as cheap insurance. When I moved from Georgia to Florida a few months back my insurance premium doubled.

My insurance went down when I moved from CA to FL

Good luck.
I moved to Florida less than a year ago. I was paying $65/month (monthly plan) for Geico full coverage in NJ for a 2020 Tucson.
Same car in Florida, cheapest for me was Allstate, at $1,038 for 6 months (comes out to $173 per month).
I am 5+ years no accident or violation, Safe Driver.
They claim two problems: 1.) Threat of hurricane. 2.) 1 in 4 drivers in Florida are UNinsured or Underinsured.

Yes, that’s because there no requirement for drivers to carry bodily injury insurance in Florida. All they have is $10k in property damage and then your own insurance covers $10k in medical expenses for yourself. It’s ridiculous that in 2021 these are the limits.

1 Like

Had switched to progressive years ago from Geico and just switched back to save like $400. For example:

Wifes’s 2021.5 Atlas SEL R-Line $642 for six months
Mom’s 2020 Buick Enclave $602 for six months

both full coverage with paid in full discount.

Edit:

Just added my wrangler rubicon 4XE and they are all under $600 each for six months now with the pay in full discount.

Can’t be. 780 a year for comprehensive in NJ? I have never seen anything like that.

I have found that Progressive has the best rates for me in Florida. Last year I was shopping the policy around, as I always do and a State Farm broker told me that Progressive is unbeatable in FL. Not sure if that’s true, but it matches my experience.

Depending where in FL you live, I’ve found https://www.esurance.com to have the best rates from a reputable company (underwritten by Allstate). It’s online only so you don’t get the bells and whistles from a brick and mortar agency but it’s been the cheapest option for me in the past without going to some shady insurance company.

I had esurance on a previous older vehicle, but switched after learning that they didn’t even offer coverage on more than one of the vehicles I was considering as a replacement.

What kind of company won’t insure a 2018 5 Series?

as I periodically check all the different companies because insurance is so outrageous here, I just checked esurance a few minutes ago. Here’s my quote for six months :slight_smile:

Keep in mind, not even a parking ticket on my record, nor my wife or daughters. But, I have a teenage driver…