Insurance Expectation? 2020 BMW 330i - help!

Alright, I found a few quotes ranging $400-$450/month via progressive, geico, and statefarm … I’m not sure if that’s normal / expected?..or is this expensive?!

Of course this is under the requirements from the lease contract ($1000 max collision / comprehensive & minimum $300k liability)

Help!

You are either looking at it incorrectly and that’s your premium for 6 months … or you have a terrrrrrible driving record. I know it’s SUV vs car … but my 2020 x3 m40i just got insured for $246 for 6 month renewal…

1 Like

Are you a 19 year old male with a few tickets?

3 Likes

As mentioned multiple times here, comparing insurance rates person to person is moot. Everyone’s rates differ because of hundreds of variables. Zip codes, driving record, age, etc

2 Likes

If you have a decent driving record, could depend on where you live and the car as well.

Ex: My GS350 AWD in Arlington, VA was $800/6mo. Looked at buying a condo in National Harbor, MD (maybe 10 miles away)… same driver, same coverage, same car, etc. Cost in National Harbor: $6600/6mo! (Yes, $1100/mo!!!)

My most recent lease: Infiniti QX60 was $1570/6mo, the more expensive XC60 I ultimately lease was $700/6mo.

Quote other “safe” cars: for me, Lexus RX350 and Volvo XC60 were among the cheapest I’ve found. If those are extremely high, it’s probably of where you live. Geico was noticeably more expensive for AWD sedans compared to non-AWD for me (TL FWD was around $400/6mo cheaper than TL AWD)

Moral of the story…don’t get a bimmer…get sad… and most importantly don’t Geico

What insurance company do you have and what zip code? Might as well give it a shot.

1 Like

Wow. I’m at 435 / year on a 2019 t6 rdesign through donegal insurance. Pittsburgh area.

Edit- s60

90038 - Los Angeles

How old are you? Insurance premiums directly depend on your age

Don’t compare what you pay in LA to what half the people on this forum pay for insurance who live in the boonies. Unfortunately because of where you live, you’ll have to pay to play.

Same thing happened to me, paying 220/mo in the valley.

IE not LA to anyone who lives in LA.

You.
Are.
So.
Cool.

1 Like

Check out Wawanesa. They will have the lowest rates in California.

I paid about $600 for 6 months when I had my 4 series and I was 24-25 at the time.

I had geico for 3 years … then switched two Esurance. Now I’m with progressive. Definitely shop around for rates.

I’m in Charlotte, NC

Sounds really expensive. What state are you in?

If you are a young guy with any ticket in LA you are going to have a rough time. You should try a broker, not an agent. They will know which companies give better rates and can shop you around.

Asking what your insurance will be on an Internet forum is like asking who will win the super bowl next year. Too many variables (location, record, history, car, single married, etc) involved for anyone to give you an educated guess. Call an agent.