Insurance cost m3 / m340i

Hello

Was wondering how much people are paying for their insurances for m3s and m340i’s. If you can also post your state car is registered in, that’d be great. Thanks!

Not sure if any answers you get will give you much information since the number varies based on driving history, how many people are insured to the car, bundling options, coverage, age of driver, etc.

In any case, I’m paying $113/month for my 2023 M3 through state farm. I’m in Illinois.

If you’re shopping for insurance I have had success going through Experian and have been successful. You enter your current insurance information and they provide quotes.

There are multiple options to shop. Using data from other drivers here is not an effective comparison as @wtwo3 mentioned.

There’s no way to accurately reply to this. There are so many things that go into insurance rating factors; age, driving record, credit (depending on if allowed by your state), garaged-at zip code, whether you have multiple vehicles, how many policies you have with the insurer (and what they are; like homeowners versus renters, for example), levels of coverage and deductibles - these are just some. My $800 premium could be $1600 for you, in your situation, in your area, and could be $400 for another poster.

My suggestion is to call your insurer (preferably with actual M3 and M340i VINs) and ask them how much they will charge you to insure both. Then call some other insurers or a broker looking for the same information.

Thank you for the replies, makes sense
Was just looking for a ballpark range as I’ve never insured a new car before.
Got got significantly different prices from different insurers but thankfully one was reasonable