Instructions on how to get a BMW OL incentive - Ultimate Drive Events UDE

I was able to stack the full $1k OL from the Drive to End Hunger Event and the $500 for PenFed on my 2021 M550i lease in January. Depends on the event and the whether the dealer is willing to make it work or not, especially whether they’re willing to apply only the $500 from BMW NA on the OL code vs. the full $1k, which requires a $500 dealer contribution.

Dealer in GA allowed the OL code for $500 on a retired loaner. I had already beaten him up quite a bit so they said that the dealer match would have been $500 but they couldn’t add another $500. SO I am getting 1000 Loyalty, $500 PenFed, and $500 OL.

Thanks to mani_is_kool!

2 Likes

for all regions…use this url

https://bmwnewbeginnings.eventsbmw.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=MailChimp&utm_campaign=Feb 21 New Beginnings Email 2&utm_content=WA

4 Likes

You’re an angel

Heads up, I tried several north east dealers, did not show up.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, but this is only for West Coast dealers! :weary:

https://www.winslowbmw.com/the-bmw-new-beginnings-sales-event-2021.htm

I got this also but my dealer said they will honor only $500 of it. Assuming coming out of BMW NA only.

Historically BMW driving/track events and test drives, such as the Lunar New Year one that just ended, provide an advertised $1,000 code toward a new lease or purchase. Usually $500 comes from BMW and $500 is recommended by the dealer, but I don’t see why a dealer would want to contribute on their end, especially if their customer is already getting a healthy pre-incentive discount.

Because of this I don’t count on the dealer contribution when coming up with an offer, but honestly I’d just be a happier customer knowing I can count all $1k or all $500 in my calculations without having to assume one way or the other as is lease cash or loyalty.

Am I the only one that would prefer a guaranteed amount on an OL code?

OL codes are not targeted at the LH community, rather the typical person likely only getting a few percentage points off. $1k is more appealing to the normal customer than $500 to get them to transact.

You are guaranteed $500 so not sure the problem. Negotiate without mentioning the OL code and apply it after the best offer. The extra $500 or another 1% discount is about the same in the end.

Extra $500 off is always a win.
They will take it as an additional discount off the sales price of the vehicle right?

Some dealers apply it as an additional incentive while others take it off the selling price. I’ve had them do both on my previous deals. Depends on the dealer I suppose.

1 Like

What sort of difference would either way make as far as payments go?

If it’s listed as an incentive, you would need to pay tax on the $500/$1000.

2 Likes

It will save you almost the same amount on the monthly payment regardless which one they do, but a discount off the selling price will benefit you slightly more because you won’t have to pay tax on an additional incentive as @Jon said.

1 Like

Can confirm this will not work in the Midwest region.

$5-10 a month

1 Like

Not sure where you got $5-10 from. It’s pretty straightforward math. If they apply only the $500 from BMW NA, it will save you approx. $14/month on a 36-month lease and $21 on a 24-month lease. If they apply the full $1k, it will save you approx. $28/month on a 36-month lease and approx. $43/month on a 24-month lease.

2 Likes

Whoops, sorry yeah, you’re correct. Thought he was asking something different.

1 Like

For my particular deal I am working on, the payment went down $16/mo by using the OL code.
I’m happy with that!
Thanks to all who are in this thread, when I take delivery of the car I will post it up with the deal.

2 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to seeing your deal.

1 Like