Instructions on how to get a BMW OL incentive - Ultimate Drive Events UDE

I’ve seen it done. Some dealers might balk at doing it on a loaner though for some odd reason or will only give forward FS half.

Is a 5-hour drive plus tolls worth it after the costs? Also, please explain how the tolls are $100? NJ turnpike + Verrazzano + Outerbridge tolls should be less than $35 going in, and the bridges only toll going eastbound (to NY).

1 Like

Maybe factoring the inevitable parking ticket for not parking within 6 inches of the curb, not folding their mirrors in or similarly asinine reason.

I’m not sure. I’m coming from Northern VA. Waze said ~$50 going up.

I went on tollguru.com and that is saying $48.16 going up. If it’s the same going down as it is going up it’s close to $100 in tolls.

Well, I can tell you what the tolls are heading from NJ onwards, and for the second time, the bridges only till one-way. But to drive for 10 hours (and it also won’t be that long unless there’s heavy traffic (depending on day/time) and spend money, you have to weigh whether that’s worth $1,000, and many dealers only give $500, the part that comes from BMW. I personally would not waste time and money unless you were more local, i.e. within 100 miles.

Yeah most likely only going will get $500 off and not full $1000. So is it worth it for that extra $13.88/month off a lease? Guess I’ll pass.

There are tolls in MD and DE also. Both ways.

1 Like

and VA if you use the HOV lanes to try and skirt some traffic.

You have an option not to pay tolls in VA, but can’t skip them going up 95 through MD/DE

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve been south of a certain point in NJ (driving, at least).

Then maybe you also forgot about tolls on NJ Turnpike? :grin:

Right…but if you want to skirt traffic at most any time on the beltway…you gotta pay to play. Maybe he or Waze is calculating that in to his toll costs.

2 Likes

I’d say its worth it if you have time to burn anyway but if you’re taking off work to do then you’re better off trying to negotiate the extra money.

In the end it’s the difference between putting down MSD vs not putting down MSD.

No, I mentioned them! The turnpike goes all the way to the GW, and there are other tolls that go to the NY border, e.g. Garden State.

It may not work because of different regions, anyway

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Hey I saw a national TV ad for the Drive to End Hunger test drive event during NFL yesterday. Sounds to me like an OL promotion and based on the ad spend, assuming many dealers are participating nationwide.
Just Google ’ Drive to End Hunger + and your local area (“Texas”) + BMW’ to find a dealer, among other methods, like checking your local dealer website.
It’s a week long : 12 Nov thru 18th, $1000 certificate good to January 31 2020.

1 Like

Excludes x7 M5 m2 and 8 series tho I think.

How about a working link?

2 Likes