Input needed on Mazda CX-5 quotes

Hello everyone! I was hoping you could let me know your opinions on two quotes I received for new 2019 Mazda CX-5s Grand Touring and if I plugged all of the numbers into the calculator correctly?

[CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR mazda clearwater&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0](CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR mazda clearwater&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0)

[CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR tampa&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0](CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR tampa&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0)

Thank you!

Hey everyone,

This is one of the lowest quotes I’ve received so far for a new 2019 Mazda CX5 with the Machine Grey paint ($300), roof rack rails ($400), apple car play ($460), and wheel locks ($60). Total MSRP is actually $32,260 (quote below doesn’t account for apple car play, but dealer will include). Purchase price (before taxes and fees) of $28,850 for a total 11% off MSRP. Can you tell me how this deal compares to others you’ve seen or received?

Looks like lease payments between $356-$387 after using the calculator with various MFs.

Thanks!

You aren’t even posting lease quotes. How do you know that those sale prices and rebates apply to leases? Or what MF the dealers are using?

Hi Jon. Thanks for your input! Well, you are correct. These are quotes that I have strictly negotiated down the selling price of the vehicle itself. Based on many things I’ve read online, I should not share with the dealer up front that I am interested in leasing and negotiate the price of the vehicle down first. Is that not in fact good practice?

As far as the sale prices and rebates, the sales and rebates for leases in my area seem to be slightly greater than those I’m receiving for purchase offers. There is only a $1000 customer cash available on purchases, vs $490 lease cash + $750 loyalty lease credit netting an addition $240 in rebates.
For the MF, I am using the lowest tier 1 MF I received for my area and up to get an approximation.

are you dead set on a CX-5? Have you checked Edmunds to see what the residual and MF would be a 36/12 based on Zip code?

1 Like

How would the dealer know to apply only the lease incentives if they don’t know that you want to lease?

You can still negotiate a strong price on the CX-5 while telling the dealer the truth about your intentions; you just need to hold firm to your goals and walk when if they don’t offer you something you can do.

Are there two types of Tier 1 MF? Do you mean Tier 2 as opposed to Tier 1? Your statement about MF is a little confusing. Have you gone to edmunds forums to confirm what the base money factor/buy rate should be?

1 Like

Thank you both for the additional input and good point on negotiating price while remaining honest about my intentions.

Yes, I received MF .00160 and 61% residual for my zip code from Edmunds.
Apologies for the confusion on my statement regarding MF. I have the base MF as stated above, and increased it to get an approximation on monthly payments based on what I know my credit scores are.

What do you mean you* increased it? Do you know what the actual MF is for your credit score? Is that not what you got from Edmunds?

Usually, based on your credit score you’ll fall in a score range and a certain MF will apply to you, if at all. Hence the “tier” based system for leasing. If your credit is 720 then you should definitely be in the Tier 1. I do not know what Mazda’s tier system looks like, but Edmunds could help you with that.

I do not know what the MF is for my credit score, but I have an idea of what tier I would fall into and increased the MF rate to the equivalent interest rate that I would expect to receive on a purchase, merely to get an approximation range of lease payments.

Yes, dead set on a CX5

1 Like

Have you expanded your search to other areas of Florida? I know the Broward/Palm Beach dealerships can be very aggressive with deals. Possibly Fort Myers area as well, or North of your area. if you don’t mind driving a few hours out of the way I would look online for more FL high volume Mazda dealerships and see if they can beat that, might get a few dealerships to bite with the month starting to close.