Information on Toyota Truck Leasing in Texas

Thanks was just confused by that random $300 in the tables…

Thanks for helping me out today! @derekoh1991

1 Like

Thank you for your business! Appreciate it!

So, the Bank pays a dealer flat of $300 per deal, and if the deal ends up making more than the dealer takes those profits.

1 Like

Closed due to abuse of Marketplace guidelines.

Question for you @derekoh1991.

Looking at the tundra lease specials you have for 24 months at 10K a year, why is the difference between the Nav and Non Nav Tundra $25 a month? Your post shows the non nav Tundra at $260 a month and the nav Tundra at $285 but the difference in MSRP is only about $1,000. Using the calculators here show that to be a $10 difference, not $25?

Also what does MRM mean? I saw that in the post of the Nav Tundra. (MRM$50,200)

HI! How are you?

I don’t know how you get $10 over in payment, but here is an explanation.

So, if you were to divide $1,000 by 24, you would get $41.67.
And then because it does have a MF of 0.00110, which translates into 2.64%, you would be adding some onto that payment. (Maybe $3-4 more) And then, in state of Texas, there is automotive tax of 6.25% off of the purchase price of the vehicle.

MRM is a term that US Bank uses - Maximum Residualized MSRP.

Even though the truck’s MSRP clearly states it to be $50,875, that bank caps the MRM at $50,200, so I have to be plugging in that number, when I actually pull the number out.

Hope it explained some of your questions!

1 Like

Thank you for replying. However…

The residual is 81%. My understanding is you don’t pay the extra entire 1,000. You only pay 19% the other 81% goes to the residual. So by your explanation, you take the extra $41 or so when you divide the extra $1,000 by 24 months plus the other stuff you mentioned and 81% would normally go to the residual leaving the leasee to pay the difference of 19% in this case.

That’s how I got the $10. Otherwise, you calculated $41-$45 a month but the spread between the post you have of your non nav and nav Tundra is only $25. I’m assuming this is where that MRM comes into play?

Also, do you have tax credits to make this work (other dealers I talked too do) or is the entire 6.25% tax in Texas a part of this payment?

Thanks!

This is the entire 6.25% tax. And no tax credit available now. And yes, the MRM comes into the play when the MSRP got slashed in half.

you are correct, the math isn’t adding up. The $41 a month difference has to be multiplied by the residual. He’s not doing that.

Do you mind showing me the calculator?

No, the MRM matters.

Hey everyone, I wanted to let you know that I worked with @derekoh1991 on a 24-month / 15k-year lease for a new Tundra SR5 and it went very well! @derekoh1991 was very responsive and helpful throughout the 3-day process! He even volunteered to drive 2.5 hours to deliver the new truck yesterday. If you’re in Texas and interested in leasing a Toyota, I highly recommend leasing a new vehicle with @derekoh1991. Based on my calculations, the lease score ended up being approximately 14.5 years! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your business!

If you want a great deal on a new Toyota in the State of Texas, please don’t hesitate to give me a text at 469-426-8787!

I will beat any Toyota deals in Texas, guaranteed!

1 Like

Can you lease to non TEXANS!?

I cannot, brother!
I wish though.
Most of dealerships in Texas has an agreement with Toyota Financial Services of not leasing out of state.
I don’t know why, but that is what I’ve been told my management staffs.

Lovely truck! Enjoy it! Kudos to @Jrouleau426!

Ahhh, Buc-ee’s, about the most Texas roadside thing imaginable short of the Sam Houston peering over the interstate. Congrats on the great deal!

1 Like