Inflation surges 7.5% on an annual basis, even more than expected and highest since 1982

Yes. They should totally sell at a loss until they go out of business because 2+2=5.

She added: ā€œThis is the worst time to increase the price, when everything else is so much.ā€

:roll_eyes:

thereā€™s a disconnect here. i wonder which one of you will figure it out first.

1 Like

This is an outstanding merit increase. Just FYI getting that every year is unheard of in a vast majority of companies. 2% while crappy is standard. You are lucky to get 7% with a promotion in a lot of companies.

2 Likes

Look at the bright side, all the carbon emissions you save. I am sure they have similar carbon output data for all the private jets at Davos.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t say I wasnā€™t going. :stuck_out_tongue: A one-way the following day was a relative bargain.

#farehackr

1 Like

I went to the grocery store this morning, planning to get some beef to make pot roast for dinner tonight.

The suckiest cut was $7.49 a pound, and this was at Meijer. :eye: :eye:

Weā€™re having chicken thighs.

1 Like

$4.99/lb for ā€˜Primeā€™ Eye of Round, but I canā€™t figure out how a grader could call this Primeā€¦itā€™s the leanest, no marble piece of rump possible. Takes 24 hours sous vide just to be able to chew it.

2 Likes

Oh no.

Hopefully itā€™s not something like this again.

3 Likes

Yank all the compromised meat!

2 Likes

Get Picanha at WildFork.

2 Likes

https://news.yahoo.com/wti-crude-hits-95-barrel-190145068.html

2 Likes

Kind of random, but I went to Five Guys to have a burger, and for the first time in a long time I actually thought about what I was getting for the money there, and a bacon cheeseburger (which is 2 patties there) was $11.99. Their price board had slots for prices to change, but it was designed to never exceed X.XX digits, so they had to stuff in another number in front of what was previously the first digit. I looked back on Yelp and found a picture of the price board, pre-pandemic that burger was $8.69 (2018).

2 Likes

Iā€™m so old I remember when they used to pay me to take oil. Oh wait that was just 2020

6 Likes

The economy is great, if youā€™re a multi billionaire.

1 Like

But you saved $.16 on your 4th of July cookout and survived the winter of severe illness and death.

Be grateful for your $2,000 $1,400 stimulus cheque!

5 Likes

Hey as my dear liberal friend said to me. Well taking away inflation for food, energy, housing, cars, other inflation is only 2%. I said thats great, maybe people can eat the TV.

3 Likes

Someone already suggested Antalya here. But my personal experience would tell you to definitely visit these cities:
Izmir + Ƈeşme
Bodrum
Fethiye + ƖlĆ¼deniz + Ä°ztuzu Plajı
Pamukkale

Antalya is fun, but you would probably enjoy these cities more. I have done road trips around Turkey a few times and have lived there for three years in the past.

2 Likes

What are the Cons?
If I had the time, Iā€™d hop on the flight immediately.

Pretty stark differences over time in whatā€™s cheaper. New cars havenā€™t budged much over 20 years.

3 Likes