Infiniti Wants to Re-Negotiate Signed 2019 QX50 Lease- Any Advice?

Greetings all! 19 Days ago the wife and I leased a new 2019 Infiniti QX50 Essential. We paid $2750 in MSD’s to get the payment down to $489.00/month.

We received a phone call today stating that Infiniti is not accepting the MSD’s. Something about how the MSD’s are only applicable to Luxe and below models.

Infiniti gave us 3 different options, but they all end up with us paying $1200- $1500 more over the lease life.

I assume an option 4 would be to return the leased car back to them, but of course that wasn’t discussed as an option. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Welp that didn’t take long. I called and discussed returning the car and Infiniti is taking the high road. They are reimbursing our MSD’s and keeping our monthly payment the same at $489. I’m happy, wife is happy. Thanks to all that replied!!

1 Like

Who called you, the dealer or the bank? I assume the dealer…don’t fall for that garbage. Tell them option 4 is what you will take. You’ll bring the car back, they can unwind the deal, and then they can sell the car as used.

1 Like

@Blue_Shell If the dealer used an incorrect MF, then IFS will not accept the contract. Find out what MF was used vs what they claim it should be. If what they used is lower than the buyrate MF, the dealer probably isn’t lying.

If the deal never funded, the car isn’t used.

What mileage is on the vehicle currently? The higher it is the more bargaining power you have.

Yes, the dealer called. Appreciate the help, I will call and discuss option 4.

1 Like

630 miles. We have a metal license plate. Pretty sure the car becomes used once first owner is registered right?

Welp that didn’t take long. I called and discussed returning the car and Infiniti is taking the high road. They are reimbursing our MSD’s and keeping our monthly payment the same at $489. I’m happy, wife is happy. Thanks to all that replied!!

6 Likes

Bang…great!

thats awesome!