Infiniti run-flat tires

Yeah I ended up getting the summer tires with my Q50 RS…I’ve heard the run flats are terrible.

I have leased several Q50s and swapped out the tires after 5,000 miles on all of them. The run-craps have a horrible ride compared to regular tires and eye-watering expensive. Run flats or not, I would never risk driving on a flat. Then again, I have always lived in large metros and never ran into a situation where I was stuck “out in the middle of nowhere.”

1 Like

I’m adding that one to my vocabulary :laughing:!

I have also learned my lesson - for the next lease use run-craps until they are 6/32 then change to normal tires then change again for the return.

I have less than 90 days until the return, but was going to do a pull ahead. Scheduled an inspection and the report came out at $0 charge with one off the tires measured at 4/32.

So if I would have driven between now and lease return and the tire is ran down below, will I get charged? Do they do a second inspection when they get the car? Or for how long this report that I have is valid for?

Our 2017 BMW X5 came with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde AS run flats (255/50R19). The wife is the primary driver and she is up to 49K miles on the original tires. Was just in for the 45K service last week and they checked out.