Infiniti run-flat tires

Keep in mind the spare tire package is 300 on the sticker but you only pay maybe 25% of that for a lease.

That depends…some add-ons are amortized and not residualized.

i usually drive them until half worn then take off the run flat tires and put regular tires on that will get me through the typical 3 yr lease and then slap the run flats back on at lease turn in. It’s a pain in the @)#$*# but as @Rino002 already pointed out, i’m not going to pay for new run flat tires so that the dealer can benefit from fresh tires at turn in.

first thing they do is look at the tires at inspection, nobody is going to get “lucky” because they love to charge for them at the end, big profit maker for the company.

I’ve heard of a couple getting lucky…but will admit, that’s probably pretty rare.

i just missed the $100 off $400 deal for DTD eBay store, but there’s a 15% off everything coupon on eBay today only. Not as juicy but if anybody needs tires it should work (max $50 discount).

First off, you are very lucky to get 30K out of a runflat. I’ve had runflats that were toast after 12K, although on a different car. I’m not sure if infiniti would swap out a set of non-runflats at the beginning of your lease.

Another option is to buy a set of used wheels and tires (non-runflat) for your vehicle, preferably with TPMS. You can find previous model year wheels on craigslist that should fit, as people upgrade all the time. You may even find a nice set of aftermarket wheels with tires for cheap.

When your lease is close to ending put the OEM wheels with runflats back on. Definitely get some use out of them beforehand. Just enough so inspector won’t ding you for worn tires. Sell the used set and remaining tires for some of your money back. or keep them for your next vehicle, assuming they fit.

I have no experience dismounting and remounting run-flats back on at the end of the lease. I’ve been to a couple places like discount tire that specifically say they won’t remount run flats. Although, I’m sure some local-owned places won’t mind doing that for you, and some people above have done just that.

1 Like

I have the summer tire and spare package on my 18’ Red Sport. Mine came with Bridgestone Potenza’s…I heard a lot of negative things about the Dunlop run flats Infiniti uses.

It really surprised me to hear folks complain about tires wearing out at 30k miles on a premium sports sedan such as the Q50. I’m actually more surprised there aren’t more complaints about how noisy the RFTs are with that much wear on them.

Perhaps our perspectives are different coming from cars with tires averaging 6-12k miles, but I would be ecstatic to get 30k out of a set. What is a reasonable expectation of average mileage these days for tire wear fitting of a car similar to the Q50?

You consider 30k miles out of a set of performace tires low? I’d be ecstatic to get 30k miles out of a set of good tires. Over 20k miles is fantastic for me.

Run flats are a plague of fuel economy and trunk space wars. A can of fix a flat takes up less room and weighs less than even a donut spare. Personally I’m sometimes hundreds of miles from the nearest tire shop so they’re not an option.

We purchased a Q50 Red Sport a few years ago and we swore we’d never buy another Q car if they require run flat tires. We’ve had nothing but problems (even with insurance). We are on our 3rd set of tires, the sensors are worthless and go off every month. Basically, it’s a super annoying problem and requires constant attention. None of our other cars need this kind of service, support and upkeep. I told the sales guy we weren’t getting into another lease unless they get rid of the run flats.

I echo this remark with my 2015 Q50 hybrid. NJ roads kill these tires, replaced 3. If I lease another infiniti im putting diff tires on and putting the crappy runflats back on at lease end.

This is the very reason i went with the summer tire option over the run flats. Heard nothing but problems with them. Ditch them and put some other tires on.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Under extreme frustration I searched on Google for Q50 run-flat tire problems and discovered this forum. Just want to add that I’m going through my 3rd tire replacements on my 2018 Infiniti Q50, which I leased in March of 2018. The first replacement happened in January of 2019, when the car only had a few thousand miles on it; another one came a few month later; and now, I have to replace the one I replaced in January 2019! Each one was about $400. How ridiculous is this?! I wish there’s a forum that I can file a formal consumer complaint about this.

Is this due to tire wear or the tire going flat?

There is BBB, but I would first try going via Infiniti management. This is very unacceptable. Also $400 for each tire is a bit high, they are $200 tires.

1 Like

Wow…dealer markup is real

And they’re infiniti tires, which means they were probably designed in the mid 90s, but half the font on the sidewall is updated to modern looking font.

2 Likes

I’m leasing a 2018 Q50 as well and bought 4 non run flat tires from discount tire for about $600 and put the run flats in storage to put back on at lease return. The ride non run flats is much better. And the exact original run flat that came with the vehicle that are now in storage are $456 PER TIRE at discount tire.