Infiniti QX60 lease-end options/replacement

I just got an email from Infiniti financial about lease-end instructions. It looks like they want me to schedule a pre-return inspection. My lease will expire in a bit less than 3 months now.

I do have 6k equity in the car. Carvana offers 35k (payoff 29k). However I will be only able to sell the vehicle to Infiniti dealer…

1. Do I need to let Infiniti know about my intention (return/replace/buy) at this point?
  2. Do I need to schedule pre-return inspection? Any tips? It is highly unlikely I will to return the car due to the equity.
  3. I just order Sahara 4xe that might arrive by the lease end but I would prefer to flip it at some point as it is not the best fit for our family. Are there any other reasonable options I should consider? I am waiting now for GC 4xe numbers… do you know when the info will be released to public? Should I take risk and preorder it right now?

I was in a similar situation and my Infiniti dealer quoted me $1000 for inspection (apart from the $300 disposition fee) apart from sales tax, title and registration. For CA the sales tax runs about 8.x% as per the dealer so the total for my acquisition was running into ~$34K ($29500 payoff + rest of the acquisition total as described above). The quote that I got from carmax, etc was around 35.5 to 36k. MCA offered 38K.

I didn’t want to go through the process of buying the car and flipping it over so I ended up selling to the Infiniti dealer for 34K.

So in all, I suggest first getting both quotes from an Infiniti dealer (1) buying the car (2) selling to the dealer; and then making a decision.

I just did the lease end buyout of my QX30 at a dealership in southern CA. Paid residual + $300 + $85 doc fee + 7.75% tax + ~$50 DMV fee. The sales said everyone is buying their lease now.

It is the first time I read about $1k inspection fee! I am glad it worked out well for you. Did you sell it right at the end of your lease? What did you replace your QX60 with? I am struggling to find anything good in this market…

Did you do the pre-return inspection or did you skip it as you sold the vehicle to the dealer?

I will have to send out a note to Local Infinity dealers to get an idea what they offer for my QX60.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.