Infiniti Loyalty Manager - When your lease is up and they want to keep you

Hey all! This is a two parter:

My G37 lease is up soon and I’m getting lots of snail mail from Infiniti’s Loyalty Manager asking me to call so they can “give me all the details of my special pricing arrangement” and “help me find the perfect model for lease or purchase.” They then say, “This exclusive opportunity is available only when you call (855) 280-2374.”

Has anyone ever tried this before? Is the “special pricing” real? The skeptic in me thinks they probably aren’t offering anything better than I could negotiate with xyz dealer. But maybe they are. Anyone ever try this?

Outside of the monthly incentives Infiniti offers that constantly change are there other existing incentives out there that we know about that don’t change?

I know of:
VPP Program
Loyalty Cash

I think it’d be awesome if there was a page on Leasehacker dedicated to listing all possible incentives for each car brand. The incentives seem to be all scattered throughout the posts. It’d save so much time if you could go to one spot and see if you’re taking advantage of all possible incentives.

Thanks!

Incentives are on autobytel.com for each car. Look in the wiki for instr. However, autobytel doesn’t list out fine print so you have to be careful as to which applies to you. Ex: Lexus cash is only available to cash purchases. Not to lease or finance.

I don’t know about infiniti, but any car dealer can “pull” you ahead by rolling in the negative equity into the new lease.

The only pull ahead offers which are worth it are manufacturer sponsored pull ahead programs which would be on the actual manufacturer’s website not just the dealer’s.

Otherwise it’s a ploy to get you in the door.

More likely than not he just wants to get you in the door to close in a deal with 0 shopping around and 0 research.