Infiniti Lease Return - Tire issue

Hello,
My Infiniti QX lease return is due in 1 month.I have already completed inspection with remaining tire tread depth 6/32 (Continental CrossTak LX Sport 106T). Unfortunately,just had a nail in my front tire (215R35/18). Low pressure warning did come up and I had to fill in the air.
picture
I was wondering what’s the best way way to handle this? I do have some equity in car so I have option of sale it.

1. Fix it at tire repair shop ($30-$40). Do Infinti Finance charge me even if I plug it?
    This is what I see in the wear and tear guide:
    Puncture, Cut, Flat, Plugs, Bulge, Side Wall → Damage Charges will be applied for this condition
  2. Put in new tire ($180-$200). Do I need to replace all 4 or just one having issue?
  3. Put in single used tire (cost $70-$90)
  4. Return as is (I wonder if this will trigger new inspection - I am still within 90 days period of inspection)
    Thanks

Just get the tire repaired. Some tire places will do it for free. There is no way this would be noticed when you turn in the car.

3 Likes

Typically if you bought the tire from them (ala Costco) and had the install package which include a simple road hazard warranty. Factory tires will be out-of-pocket, but a simple flat fix is usually under $30.

1 Like

Get it inspected at a tire shop - they might be able to fix it or strong arm you into buying a new one citing safety reason

Get it patched

If a nail that is not in a sidewall then it’s a simple patch.

What everyone said, take it to a tire shop and have it patched

Driving it for a month with a nail in it is never a correct answer :x::x::x:

If you have equity, sell it to Rodo. They have a Nissan dealer so they can buyout Infiniti leases.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.