Infiniti lease buy out in NJ-pay IFS directly to avoid fees at dealership

Benefited from the forum for a while, I would like to share the unique saving for NJ Infiniti lease owners who want to buy out their lease. It may apply to Nissan lease as well.

Good news, you can pay off your lease with Infiniti directly only in NJ. You see 3 payoff options in your payoff quote, follow the instruction on the ‘customer direct’ payoff quote.

You do need to wait for 20 business days compared to dealer assisted option to get your title after payoff is processed. That is 7 days if you go through dealer. But you don’t need to pay doc fee and inspections fee. I was told the purchase option fee is also waived with customer direct. That is a total of about $1100 saving if you can wait for title. The dealer I spoke to is charging the fee in the lowest end, good dealer, but saving is savings.

I saw someone mentioned that they only saw one payoff option( dealer assisted) in their account. So decided to call IFS again to find it out. The rep I spoke is knowledgeable and knew what he talked about. He specifically mention only in NJ. I did call IFS last year, the rep at that moment gave you a feeling that she knew nothing.

Will mail a check along with odometer statement tomorrow to IFS.

update March 10: Mailed check last week, payment showed up on my IFS account today. Account is closed as well. Now wait for the title to show up.

5 Likes

I reported the same thing 5-6mos ago about Nissan / Infiniti in NJ, and share a screenshot from the portal.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I didn’t know about this option