Infiniti Financial Services Lease Payoff increase after lease maturity and location change

I completed my lease end of June and requested a 1 month extension since we were unsure of whether to buy out or re-lease. We spoke to the IFS customer service and asked for a 1 month extension. They said they could do it but the monthly payment this time around(~300) wouldn’t apply to the residual and confirmed that the payoff amount would stay the same.
We called back today and was given a higher payoff amount. (higher by ~$800)
While we had enquired last month, we were also moving to AZ from NJ and requested an address change by which we could receive our title in AZ. We reverted it back to NJ as we were told that the pay off amount difference might be because of the taxes in AZ being higher than NJ(which I knew was not true, researched online and confirmed later).

Trying to understand if any of you ran into a similar situation and what my options are at this point. Thanks much as always
Sam

What’s the line-by-line breakdown of the payoff total?

Had a similar experience with Nissan Financial so basically same thing. Moved a car from SC to FL and the monthly went up almost 35$ a month due to taxes. Sounds like a tax issue with moving states. Perhaps Arizona you are taxed on the whole amount of the car and not just the leased vehicle or something like that.

AZ taxes will be a little different by city (state has a base rate and each city tax will be different). In Phoenix it will be 8.6% of the total payoff. Other cities will be a little different, but make sure you are accounting for both.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.