Infiniti Financial Service lease after death

My uncle passed away very unexpectedly. He was only 7 months into a 39 month lease on a Infiniti Q60

After dealing with the most important financial issues, like burial, stocks, mutual funds, pension real estate. I turned to dealing with the car lease.

I made 1 call to IFS with his account # and within 1 day I had an email with release from the lease.

Each rep I spoke to took a moment to offer condolences and ask if they could be of any help with anything the family might need.

It is called a voluntary surrender and is handled differently then a lease return.

no odometer disclosure statement, no disposition. Infiniti called a local tow service who came and took the car away on flatbed.

someone is going to buy this car at auction and get a steal 7 months old 3000 miles and spotless.

Kudos to IFS for making this extremely easy for me the executor.

25 Likes

Sorry for your loss. Infinity/Nissan get a lot of shit here but so glad they treated you respectfully and made the process easy. Kudos to them.

7 Likes

Infiniti dealer and IFS have always been good to me. Very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Great info and thank you for taking the time to post it.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

But just out of curiosity, does IFS levy any additional fees against the estate with a voluntary surrender ? Are there the standard charges that anyone would be on the hook for if the voluntary surrendered their lease ? Or are they waived considering the situation ?

Thank You.

I had to send them proof I was the executor( first and last page of his will) along with the death certificate as proof. There were no additional fees/penalties et al